87 Grey Turbo T - Austin, Texas

I beg to differ

No band-aids, no rust, no shade tree mechanics.

What a crock of ****e!

Be glad none of you guys bought this car! I did, and I've regretted it ever since.

It started out when Jud nickel and dimed me for extra $ for the Accufab FPR pictured as well as him pulling the cold air intake off in the pics. Notice how no damage is visible on the drivers seat? Wrong! There are three fairly good sized slices in the leather...not all the way through...but there. It seems Jud Stahl was very selective about the pics he posted. Notice how the front/side shots differ in the angle? That's so you can't see the scrape on the passenger side in front of the wheel.

Then I ship the car to Washington state and go to pick it up. The car develops a rod knock within 100 miles:mad:

Then I get it home after trailering it all the way to Edmonton, Alberta and I bring it in for the out of province inspection...and what do we find? The passenger side front quarter of the frame has had a new section welded in!

What a lying koksucker Jud Stahl is. I wouldn't trust him if my life depended on it.

I guess I should have known something was up when Jud refused to drive the car AT ALL even before I paid for it. I asked him to go ahead and drive the car to break in the motor better and he refused. He wouldn't even drive it to the shipping place 45 miles from his home even though it was plated and insured. He trailered it! Seemed fishy to me..and I should have followed my intuition.

Doesn't it seem odd that a guy spends years building a car and then sells it before he even burned the first tank of gas? Doesn't it seem odd to trailer a car 45 miles to the shipping depot even though it has plates and insurance? Doesn't it seem unfair to charge extra for parts pictured in the ad? Or remove parts in the pics?

The fact that he said the engine was blueprinted...but couldn't give me any specs on rod side play other than "they were on the loose side but within tolerances" tells me that he didn't "blueprint" anything.

I see Jud has plenty of guys vouching for him in the feedback forum who have bought parts or sold him parts...but parts ain't a car and when it comes to this one he screwed me.

I hope you get what you deserve, Jud...cause like you said "life is circular and what goes around comes around"!

WOW. i cant believe he would do that.

if in fact the car is as you stated he should at least work some deal with you.
or take him to court?

Not a good way to do business.

In all fairness he did reimburse me $1,000 to cover the towing from Cle Elum, Washington to the Canadian border which is still 8 hours from my home. :rolleyes:

I can't imagine that I'd get anywhere in court seeing as I'm in Canada and he's in the US.:frown:

Boy am I mad! I guess "no bandaids" doesn't include a complete front quarter section of the frame being replaced? Granted, it looks like a professional job was done replacing it...but he certainly didn't mention anything about it to me beforehand. And he has to have known as it's easily visible with the motor out of the car like he had. He knew full well that the car had been "bandaided".

Phantasm, I'm guessing the motor in my car was the one he had built by ADC? Be glad you never got your motor from them.

Funny how Jud threw out the word "blueprinted" but never gave me any records of clearances.

Audience, there are two sides to every story. On with the reply:

Well Hello Scott - I figured it would not be long. You sure are leaving out quite a few details! I commend you on your ability to exaggerate, inflate and twist a transaction. Why don't you tell the audience all the facts? Not just some twisted facts that make you look like a victim. Why not reveal your own bonehead actions that would make any seller finally throw up their hands in disgust and frustration? Why not tell them when you got the car you agreed it was exaclty as I described? "I did a great job of revealing it's condition?"

The pictures don't lie and are posted here for all to see. The angles are such that you can see the body lines, glosss, alignment and sun glare avoidance. Not for misrepresentation. The shipper documented any marks on the body. That is one piece of documentation I still have. Do you see a description of "10" or show condition in my description anywhere? In case you did not know a rating on less than 10 means something less than "like new" condition. In our phone conversations I revealed just about everything I could to you. Walking around the car pointing out scratches or flaws. You do know what an "8" means right? Asking you if you wanted any more pictures! "Just ask. Are you sure? Are you comfortable?" I told you to come and see the car. I hid nothing and supplied documentation ad-nauseum. I could not have held your hand any tighter. This transaction was exhausting to say the least.

You asked me every question in the book about how the car was configured and what was supplied with the car. Apparently you have not thoroughly reviewed the over 70+ extensive emails. When you asked if I had "additional" High performance parts, I supplied a list and those you purchased were supplied. When I described the cars condition and mostly stock configuration to you, in detail, what part of that did you not understand? :confused:

As far as not driving the car after commitment. It is a courtsey to the buyer. If we have a pending transaction where you have sent me funds, I am not going to move the vehice. It is going to stay safe. You failed to mention that I initially requested you have the carrier pick the vehicle up at my residence. Instead I had it trailered to the shippers saving you shipping $$$.

Unfortunately no one else was around to witness our conversations and nothing you or I post on this board would be easy to validate. Emails are subject to manipulation. Stories can be fabricated. I am a stand up guy and feel I have done my part to address any concerns you might have had.

Regards

Jud

Just noticed the frame part. This is news to me. You did check out the Carfax didn't you? Doesn't say a thing about a wreck, frame damage or repair. That is exactly what I had to go on when purchased from the previous owner.

and the quarter section of frame that was replaced? Did you conveniently forget to mention that? Of course I didn't start yelling at you right away when I got the car. What else was I supposed to do? If I had you even said you would have hung up on me. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar and I didn't feel it was in my best interest to start a war with you until I had a chance to fully inspect the car. That's why you have no signed bill of sale.

Why didn't you mention the frame replacement? You knew it had been done.

Just noticed the frame part. This is news to me. You did check out the Carfax didn't you? Doesn't say a thing about a wreck, frame damage or repair. That is exactly what I had to go on when purchased from the previous owner.

BUL****T! you owned the car for several years and spent enough time in the engine bay and underneath the car to have seen it. Anybody can plainly see where the new section was spliced and welded on. I would think with your 17 years in Turbo Buicks that you ain't that stupid? There's no way on earth that you rebuilt the front end and didn't see the frame repair...or is that why the front end was rebuilt? People aren't as stupid as you'd like them to be Jud. With your years of experience with these cars it is impossible that you didn't see in three years of working on the car what I saw after 60 seconds on a lift! Maybe you cracked up the car and just fixed it at your own expense rather than going through insurance so you could keep the Carfax clean????

You screwed me Jud, plain and simple, and you aren't man enough to own up to it.

That is a poor way to do business, especially to a fellow TB member! If you wanted to sell it and cover up anything that would bring down the value of the vehicle, you shouldn't have done it to somebody on the forum. You shouldn't do it to anybody for that matter. It sounds like the true value of the vehicle is much, much less than you received. It just comes down to one thing; GREED!

Scott - Assumptions get you nowhere and you are making a lot of them.

I have bent over backwards, done things to try and help you including a partial refund AT LEAST ONE MONTH BEFORE YOU SUPPLIED ONE INKLING OF PROOF that something could be wrong with any Buick part. Even one from a different vehicle.

Being the compassionate person I am, I returned some $$ immediately to help you out of the supposed towing funding jam you would be in once home. This because I have morals and gave you the benefit of the doubt. After the crappy email the next business day I wondered if I had done the right thing. Then a coupe of days go by and you change your tone, were friends again. Then more accusations, then friend. A few more weeks go by, your tone progressively goes South, I tell you I can not vascillate between your moods and I wish you well.

That said, I do wish you and your family well.

That is a poor way to do business, especially to a fellow TB member! If you wanted to sell it and cover up anything that would bring down the value of the vehicle, you shouldn't have done it to somebody on the forum. You shouldn't do it to anybody for that matter. It sounds like the true value of the vehicle is much, much less than you received. It just comes down to one thing; GREED!

I agree. I don't do that to people or business. What goes around comes around.

Just because someone decides to hammer out a message doesn't make it factual. Then throw in all the different interpretations. Whether in support or defense of either position. Everyone here will have their opinion and it is much easier to side with the person that has the issue. My area of study was not Psychology but humans tend to side with individuals who are at some disadvantage. Whatever the reason. It just easy to "feel". It takes effort for anything else.

As with most used cars there is an "as is" clause. I know it sounds like an easy out and I had that option but did not choose that path. I answered every call and email. ;)

You're a real piece of work, a-hole! If you would like to contact the towing company that towed the car...or speak to the mechanic that was on duty and immediately diagnosed a rod knock...or see the receipt for over $1,000 for towing 6 hours @$135 an hour? Why the fack would I make this **** up? Why on earth wouldn't I just be enjoying my "no bandaids" T? Like I said, there is no way in hell that you replaced the front end parts that you did without seeing the big chunks of weld on the passenger side. You knew exactly what you were unloading on someone.

How was I supposed to provide proof when my car was stranded 8 hours from home until I could organize a trailer to go get it? I asked you on the phone from the garage in Washington if you wanted to speak with the mechanic!

Your pittance of $1,000 didn't even cover the towing to the border let alone the difference in value of the car with the frame patched together, so stop acting like you're a friggging saint. I'm still out a ton because of your lies and deception.

Your well wishes don't mean squat to me, coming from someone like you.

Maybe I could have someone from the Buick community here in Edmonton independently verify the frame repair and how easy it is to see? Would that shut you up with your "doesn't make it factual" garbage? Obviously I have nothing to gain by making this up. It is what it is...and you knew about it and concealed it.

I hope you choke on the money

"As with most used cars there is an "as is" clause."

That pretty much sums up your piss poor attitude. Of course you'll fall back on that to cover your ass...but it doesn't make you honest.

Let's take a poll?

Who reading this thread thinks jstahl should or shouldn't have any liability whatsoever with regards to this transaction?

Will the car be able to be registered with the patched frame? It might not be a bad idea to let a body shop & your insurance company check it out. If the integrity of the car has been compramised who would be liable in an accident? Any documentation available from a certified body who performed the frankenstein repairs? Please make sure the car is safe before you hit the road & put innocent lives at risk.

Nope, no documentation whatsoever with regards to the frame repair. To Jud it's like it never happened. Jud assured me the car was completely roadworthy and safe.