87 Grey Turbo T - Austin, Texas

A very expensive lesson

This story is a good reminder of why I never buy cars sight unseen, no matter how good the deal seems to be. I've traveled hundreds of miles on three different occassions only to come home without the car because I didn't feel it was as described.

There you go with the assumtions again. "Concealed". The car was inspected 3 times and aligned once while in my possesion. To my knowledge you can not replace frame sections. It is illegal to do so. Matter of fact, I don't think you can purchase a bare frame in Texas.

Read the Car Fax. It is what I had to go on.
Is this is entertaining for you?

Pictures

Can we please see a picture of the alleged frame repair? GM factory frame welds are pretty slaggy, and not pretty at all. The welds on my frame look like crap too, and I know with 100% certainty my car has never been hit.

Jud is a guy with a strong reputation, I am inclined to wait for ALL details before rendering an opinion.

I'll try to go out and crawl under the car and snap some pics. It is easily seen where the frame has been grafted together.

Pics coming shortly.

I'm trying to get a decent picture of the frame with my crappy camera. You can easily see where the holes in the frame are absent on the passenger side because of the grafting of a different frame section.

"Is this is entertaining for you?"

Listen dip****, this is absolutely NOT entertaining for me...and you making light of the situation shows what a kunt you really are!

Nope, no documentation whatsoever with regards to the frame repair. To Jud it's like it never happened. Jud assured me the car was completely roadworthy and safe.

Why would there be any documentation? I am and was unaware of any frame issues. I am not the first owner of this car and never claimed to be. Which means it is impossible to convey and past issues that wern't documented until I took ownership.

once more

Attachments

• goofus schnoofus0001.jpg
    goofus schnoofus0001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 325
By the way, here is the other side. Taken with my camera and supplied to Scott before sale. This is all I have of the front frame.

Attachments

• DSCN3216.jpg
    DSCN3216.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 320
Now look at the cross member! see the area without paint and the fresh weld on the seem!

Thanks Jud for the pic showing the frame repair with a better camera

There's fresh weld all over the front end...it's just hard to get in there and snap a pic. It is, however, blatantly obvious when up on a lift. The mechanic pointed it out to me right away.

Cooler heads should prevail, and speculation should not be taken as fact until proven as such.

Offering something in good faith doesn't mean you're trying to hide something; it's exactly that- good faith. I bought my car on good faith, flew to Texas to check it out, and drove it home. On the way home, (Texas to california) the turbo ate itself about 4 hours from home. I didn't rant and rave, nor did I blame the former owner. I simply got it fixed and went on my merry way.

Before you go and burn any bridges, it would be wise to make every effort to resolve the alleged problem 1 on 1- not int he court of public opinion. Your asking for a group opinion shows that you're relying on pressure from others to solve your woes. Resorting to foul language can only widen the gap between problem and resolution.

Now, I don't know you, or have any animosity towards you. I have dealt with Jud, and it was a straightforward transaction. Reputation is the bread and butter of these distance relationships, and Jud has a pretty stellar rep.

I take no sides. I just observe and comment.

No problem! Nothing to hide here. I don't see what you are referring to. If you open the picture in paint you can place a circle around the area of concern.

Then repost.

Like I said, buying parts isn't the same as buying a whole car. There is absolutely no way he didn't see the frame repair.

Sorry if I offended you with my language...but Jud's making light of the situation really burns my hide. It's like he truly thinks it's funny that he got away with it.

Making light? Humor? You started this thread. I'm just defending myself in a mature fashion.

I'm going to shedule an appointment at a frame shop and ask them if they can verify what was done to the car.

It might take a few days though.

Like I said, buying parts isn't the same as buying a whole car. There is absolutely no way he didn't see the frame repair.

Sorry if I offended you with my language...but Jud's making light of the situation really burns my hide. It's like he truly thinks it's funny that he got away with it.

I don't see any humor from Jud. I read civilly worded answers. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I did read abut 1k that was refunded to you AFTER the sale, yes? How would you account for that from a person that was out to screw you?

Another question-why did you not travel down to see the car before purchasing? When I purchased mine (from a board member here), we had a contract- I sent him the funds, and when I flew out, if I didn't like the car, I got my $$ back and a trip back to the airport.

Thing is- I went to inspect and drive the car before the deal was done- and the car broke onthe way home, as mentioned earlier. Stuff happens.

Parts, cars, whatever- it's all the same to me. You either deal with honesty or you don't. It's the same because parts make up the car, and the wrong parts can damage the car, or even kill.

Sorry for jumping in. But, how bout you go look at a few other TR's before making an appointment.

****, i just went and looked at mine, and the welds are totally different on each side of my car.

The first pic (passenger by the cat) them welds look about like mine too.

Go look at a few other TR's and see how they match up before coming here and bashing on a great guy.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT A CAR SIGHT UNSEEN!!

Jud, is a DAMN well good guy.

-Adam

Yeah, that's the only area I can snap a pic of with my camera. I've owned a couple TR's so I ain't totally green.

Like I said, the mechanic pointed it out to me when I went to pick up my car from the inspection. It's pretty obvious from underneath the car.

Funny how Jud's buddies come to his defense so quickly. You think you might just be a little biased?

You're right though, I should have never relied on Jud's reputation. It just goes to show that even the most honest person can be swayed by money.