87 Grand National Cheap Midlands, NC

Huhh... That's right down the street from me. If someone is really, really interested I can check it out for them, maybe...

K.

the guy has car car on craigslist for $4000, sounds like he is kind of hurting to get off it though. car looks rough..........

oops missed the under hood pics, thats pretty nasty looking. Cant imagine how hard that thing was driven.......

Ya it's a little rough, but for a few g's you could pick up an astro roof car. Recoupe some of the money by parting out the engine parts.If you wanted sell the lightning rods and pick up a used drive train some bumper fillers and a reupolstering and for say around 6-8k you can have a decent looking running car and another TR would be saved from the parts yard.

I have been watching the car on Craigslist and Ebay. I think this is the third time on Ebay. Im in the middle of doing a Regal/LS1 swap and was thinking of trying to buy this car for parts. To me, it looks to rough and would take to much to put it back together as a GN. Just the body work and paint would be three grand. I think I read one time that it has hail damage but Im not sure about that.

Looks like a total basket case to me... Its just sad the car probably wont move under its own power ever again. As soon as I saw the new owner go crazy over the MT "slicks", the stereo that used to be in the trunk, and the way the tach lit up when he turned the key on I knew then the car has no chance... I love how he really thinks it has 29K miles!! Priceless...

This is F'n Hilarious. I like how he says when I turn that you can see the turbo boost go up and the car doesn't even have a turbo anymore and thats not even the boost gauge. I still think the car was worth 1g. I hope now that he has a GN he becomes a member here cause I bet he's full of priceless information about these cars.:rolleyes:

haha i firgured you guys would like this video. i couldnt believe it when i found it. this care is in worse shape the more i see of it. If you check the ebay add says he payed almost $3000 also.........

I also like how he makes little noises when playing with the shifter in the car... i guarantee he has no idea how to work it.

You guys seriously dont think 3 grand was a good deal for this car? This thing is rough but damn it looks straight, brand new drag radials, an ls1?? How stuck up are you guys that you cant see the potential this thing has?

Also Phoneguy whats wrong with this ls1 install? If this car warrants your comments then my motor swap is bound for the junkyard :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You guys seriously dont think 3 grand was a good deal for this car? This thing is rough but damn it looks straight, brand new drag radials, an ls1?? How stuck up are you guys that you cant see the potential this thing has?

Also Phoneguy whats wrong with this ls1 install? If this car warrants your comments then my motor swap is bound for the junkyard :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't look at me. Theres people selling stock rollers for more. I think ya it's rough on the inside and under the hood's a little messy but it's nothing that can't be easily fixed. Plus it has an astro roof. If i was closer to North Cackalacky I woulda grabbed it.:biggrin:

No I seriously don't think this car was worth 3 grand, others will disagree. This car looks to have been seriously neglected and possibly sat with windows open/roof open. The interior is trashed, all of it, dash, door panels, seats front and rear ( is that mold? ) The body itself looks straight except the passenger fender but the fillers are gone, bumper rusted, windshield molding looks to be lifted( possible rust under?), weatherstripping shot, Grill broken, air dams toast, whoever did the swap must not give a chit what it looked like as long as it functioned. As far a selling the LS stuff goes, the motor no longer runs and who knows why. Not much to go on as to what is saleable. The lightning rods may or may not sell. Could this car be made nice? Probably, just not worth MY time or money when for 5-6k more you can get a nice one without the headache of the unknown.

This is an LS swap I could live with though http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...whp-e85-street-race-car-4-sale-sbc-106mm.html

I guess I missed that the ls1 isnt running, but at some point you have to start restoring these cars like people have done with muscle cars. If you wanted to gut the interior and turn something into a stripped down racer then this gn is a great deal. Or with the amount of cars getting parted out I bet 3 grand more would get a new interior and the filler panels, and get it ready for a quicky paint job. Im not gunna argue I just wanted to point it out.

You buy that car for 3g's and dump 42k into it I'm sure you'd have a car that looked like the other ls1'd gn.

Funny thing is he puts the mileage at 29k and the free autocheck report right there on the ad shows the car being registered with 65,431 miles in 1992. Maybe somebody should tell him to correct it? Nah...:biggrin: