87 GN T-Top Headliner (Florida)

GNDen

Hello!

How difficult is it to replace a headliner on a T-top GN? Is there anybody in the Orlando, FL area that has one or can do it?
:cool:

Also, The door chime on my car went dead (actually it went real low & sounds like it's dying!)- What needs to be replaced??? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any info!

I know several vendors sell them if you’re interested in putting it in yourself. I’m sure if you search around you can find a local upholstery shop that will do it for around $150. Even here in Iowa where street lights are rare I was able to find a shop near by that did mine. It took less than four hours and looks like new. Good luck.

I did it!

I did it myself following these instructions:

Ed Chapman's Buick Turbo Regal Headliner Page

And I do not know how to fix anything on the car, I CAN change the oil, I CAN change the coolant. Sometimes the intercooler hose/up-pipe gets loose and the car runs like crap, I know how to fix that. I had to have help changing a flasher (well, you show me the book in which it shows there are two flashers!) Most of the time I just point and shudder . :redface: O and I refilled the A/C thing.
But it's just- remove the trim pieces, keep track of the screws carefully (I masking-taped them next to the holes from whence they came)- pull out the foam board, scrape it carefully, spray the adhesive on, glue the fabric on carefully, trim it, slide it back in, replace the trim, and there you are! It is time consuming though. But a real noob can do it.

I just went to JoAnn fabric and they had almost an exact match you can't eaven tell the difference it eaven has the foam backing stuff it was like $25 fot the material and glue