87 GN nicest car on here

I apologize if the title offended anyone but i wanted it to be different than the average "87 gn for sale" anyhow i have more pics and will post them as soon as i find batteries for the camera :rolleyes:

Don't worry about the "lowballers" that always seem to pop up on these threads. The seem to come out of the woodwork. I've seen what goes into a complete frame off restoration, having watched my Son-In-Law labor with his GNX resto for many years. The man-hours and expense are tremendous :eek:
As for the people trying to tell him it isn't worth more than 18K, all I can say is get a life and stay off the threads you obviously have no idea of what goes into a project like this.

You and your Dad "stick by your guns". Ignore the idiots. Whether the price is too high or not is of no one's concern other than a serious buyer.

The kibitzers need to find something better to do with their time.

Don't worry about the "lowballers" that always seem to pop up on these threads. The seem to come out of the woodwork. I've seen what goes into a complete frame off restoration, having watched my Son-In-Law labor with his GNX resto for many years. The man-hours and expense are tremendous :eek:
As for the people trying to tell him it isn't worth more than 18K, all I can say is get a life and stay off the threads you obviously have no idea of what goes into a project like this.

You and your Dad "stick by your guns". Ignore the idiots. Whether the price is too high or not is of no one's concern other than a serious buyer.

The kibitzers need to find something better to do with their time.

O jesus, this thread again

Dave, i would agree with you that a frame off restro takes alot of time and work. i have seen this car go from, well lets just say from begining to right before the new owner bought it. With people saying this car isnt worth more then 18K i would have to agree. now the only reason i agree is like i said before, there is more to the car then even the owner knows of. im not going into it much more then that because i dont know who all reads this stuff. just knowing what i know makes me fell guilty and i wish the people who bought the car knew the history behind it. well enough said before i get death threats. :eek: and thats no joke :eek:

O jesus, this thread again

Dave, i would agree with you that a frame off restro takes alot of time and work. i have seen this car go from, well lets just say from begining to right before the new owner bought it. With people saying this car isnt worth more then 18K i would have to agree. now the only reason i agree is like i said before, there is more to the car then even the owner knows of. im not going into it much more then that because i dont know who all reads this stuff. just knowing what i know makes me fell guilty and i wish the people who bought the car knew the history behind it. well enough said before i get death threats. :eek: and thats no joke :eek:

Wow I am amazed this came back to life. I don't know who would be threatening you but its sure not me. The car was sold a while ago and believe me my dad and i wish the whole thing never happened. When we bought it it was made out to be a much sweeter deal than what we got. So in the end the new owners get to enjoy basically a bran new car end of story. ;)

Very clean ride.

I don't think people know what goes into a full resto. Not only the time but the money$$$$. All of the nickel and dime detail stuff. That crap adds up.
Maybe you should get a small list of expenses from your dad so you can post up and give us an idea of what he spent putting this car together. Heck, I have a few hundred in just emblems for my TType...:mad:
Too bad this economy has some guys thinking everything should be free...

I think salvage title will put people off at that price, but if they have half a brain and see the work that has gone into this car-obvious from the pics- then it should not be as big a deal.

Good Luck with the sale. Hope my gn comes out as nice...

I think salvage title will put people off at that price, but if they have half a brain and see the work that has gone into this car-obvious from the pics- then it should not be as big a deal.

It really depends on what the buyer intends to do with the car. If he wants to buy it and show it with no real intention of reselling the car in the future, I'd say the salvage title isn't a big issue. If the person knows he'll be flipping the car at some point in the future then the salvage title is obviously a huge deal.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, the first thing many people think when they hear "salvage" is that the car has been totalled or something terrible like that. Personally, I don't really care either way. That car looks great- I wish mine looked that good.

I'm sure he will find the right guy or gal to take it off his hands...:p

Wow I am amazed this came back to life. I don't know who would be threatening you but its sure not me. The car was sold a while ago and believe me my dad and i wish the whole thing never happened. When we bought it it was made out to be a much sweeter deal than what we got. So in the end the new owners get to enjoy basically a bran new car end of story. ;)

Read post # 85

who are the new owners and where did the car go?

also alittle info on the car, before tmaxxfreak88's dad bought the car all the chassis was done (powercoated frame, suspension parts, body was painted etc, the car just needed to be put togther which was alot of work) .

also tmaxxfreak88 do you know where the car was hit?

Any visable signs of repair in that area?

No, my dad had listed it on ebay and the guy called him. I dont know where it went. when we got the car the shell was already done and painted so i dont know.

No, my dad had listed it on ebay and the guy called him. I dont know where it went. when we got the car the shell was already done and painted so i dont know.

well if you know where it went or know anything please pm me and let me know. as far as the body question, it was kinda a trick question. just wondering if you guys knew about where the damage was or is.

WOW...

It appears the car sold and most likely the history went with the car. Inquiring minds want to know more of the history here. It seems that the previous owner has no problems with the info. Maybe we can get TMAXX or BOOST will chime in with some info.

Just a little curious...

Mike

WOW...

It appears the car sold and most likely the history went with the car. Inquiring minds want to know more of the history here. It seems that the previous owner has no problems with the info. Maybe we can get TMAXX or BOOST will chime in with some info.

Just a little curious...

Mike

im not sure Tmaxx knows the history behind the car.