87 front clip on an 80 Regal?

my 85' regal has an earily style nose on it. i didnt do it and it looks like a$$ but it fits fine.

I beleive as long as you change the front fenders, hood, and nose it should do fine.

im not 100% sure but i think the only real diff is the actual nose not the fenders or hood. i havnt really paid much attention to my regal in a long time though.

Anybody ever done the swap? :rolleyes: Its an 80, not an 81-87.
This is what an 80 Regal looks like.
80regal.jpg

got rice? said:
im not 100% sure but i think the only real diff is the actual nose not the fenders or hood. i havnt really paid much attention to my regal in a long time though.
The hood and fenders are different. I own a 78 and their different.

pre 84' regals all had the more vertical nose.its tough to make out in that pic but it looks like the nose on my 85'

LOL Jake you buyin' that car? Call me later tonight(after 8), I may know of something more interesting.

You just need to use the parts forward of the doors. The 81-84 Sedan and Wagon parts are the best ones to use as the body lines match up. Ive often have wanted to do this only because you can get the short hood in aluminum. They are hard to find but they are about 30 pounds lighter. Another option would be the 79-80 Century Turbo Coupe front clip on the 81-87 Regal coupe.

So is it just the 78/79 models that are dual lights rather than quads? I thought duals went until 81. But yeah, all you need is everything doors up. We tried it on my friend's 80 El Camino out of boredem :) (well, atleast I would assume since a Chevy took the nose)

I would take the bumper shocks too if you werent planning on it jsut to be safe.

It will fit, but the doors won't match the fenders. Look how rounded the doors look on the 78-80 as opposed to the 81-87