86 GN vs. 87 GN............

I think the 87 brings more money because it's the last year made.
I see... Are there any other cars where the last model year brings more money than the previous year with no major changes? I'm trying to think of an example but drawing a blank. Lol!

I see... Are there any other cars where the last model year brings more money than the previous year with no major changes? I'm trying to think of an example but drawing a blank. Lol!

It's the same reason the GN's bring more than the T's even though they are pretty much the same. It's a notoriety thing I guess.

It's the same reason the GN's bring more than the T's even though they are pretty much the same. It's a notoriety thing I guess.
Because of the lower production run of the 86 that's what I was looking for at one time thinking its value would surpass the 87 eventually...Lucky I never could find a nice one and ended up with my 87! Lol!

Because of the lower production run of the 86 that's what I was looking for at one time thinking its value would surpass the 87 eventually...Lucky I never could find a nice one and ended up with my 87! Lol!

I'm on the prowl for a nice, stockish 86 myself. Love that chrome grill!

Love my 86, for a while I wanted to change out the grille to an 87. But the longer I have had it the more I'm thinking I'll keep the 86 grille in.

The font on the 2 trunk lid rpo decals are diffrent. The digital screen on the radio is the blueish green color and orange ish on 86 and older.

A couple other minor differences nobody mentioned

The font on the 2 trunk lid rpo decals are diffrent. The digital screen on the radio is the blueish green color and orange ish on 86 and older.

A couple other minor differences nobody mentioned

I had asked about the LED color differences in a different thread a while back as I have both colors on my 86's. I think that even Kirban may have responded with an answer that was not definitive as to whether the LED on the radios that came on 86's was supposed to be blue/green or orange. So, I'm not sure if that is an "actual" difference or not.

Love my 86, for a while I wanted to change out the grille to an 87. But the longer I have had it the more I'm thinking I'll keep the 86 grille in.
Its funny you mention that ! I have an 86 that has the 87 grille in it. Somewhere along the line somebody switched it out although i have the 86 also.
Weird HA

Its funny you mention that ! I have an 86 that has the 87 grille in it. Somewhere along the line somebody switched it out although i have the 86 also.
Weird HA

That was common a while back, but I love the chrome grill myself. Thought about putting one in my 87 but it'd be stupid to those that knew.

Weird HA

That was common a while back, but I love the chrome grill myself. Thought about putting one in my 87 but it'd be stupid to those that knew.

I may get an 87 grille and I'd never get rid of the 86 but I probably won't ever bother to actually do it haha.

I thought there was a difference in the fuel pump wiring harness as there is a option for 86 cars and 87 cars on racetronix when it comes to pump choice?

I thought there was a difference in the fuel pump wiring harness as there is a option for 86 cars and 87 cars on racetronix when it comes to pump choice?

The only difference is the hanger wiring in the tank and the design of the level sender. The pumps and HW harness are the same. We no longer recommend the use of the G75 installation kit because in most cases these hangers are in very poor shape and not reliably support a HP 255LPH+ pump.

The only difference is the hanger wiring in the tank and the design of the level sender. The pumps and HW harness are the same. We no longer recommend the use of the G75 installation kit because in most cases these hangers are in very poor shape and not reliably support a HP 255LPH+ pump.

Thanks for the clarification as I'm about to order a fuel pump from you guys in a month or so to finish my build.

Thanks for the clarification as I'm about to order a fuel pump from you guys in a month or so to finish my build.

Given the age/condition of the TR hangers it is best to consider a complete hanger with pump pre-installed. We offer a variety of options shown in our sig.