82 El Camino Project

Intake Valley

OK Im pretty excitwd about this project got intake off and noticed all the casting flashing over the camsaft windows.Does everyone clean that out and open them up? By the way This sight is great everyone has been very helpful I an grateful for the wealth of knowledge.:rolleyes::cool::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMGP5457.jpg
    IMGP5457.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 226
not to hi jack the thread but did anyone see car warriors? they put a 86 montie carlo header panel on an 86 el camino that was pretty nice looking elcamino just saying

not to hi jack the thread but did anyone see car warriors? they put a 86 montie carlo header panel on an 86 el camino that was pretty nice looking elcamino just saying

people have been doing that custom trick for a while.

Ok here it is now. need to clean and hone. What kind of cam should I use?

Attachments

• IMGP5463.jpg
    IMGP5463.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMGP5462.jpg
    IMGP5462.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 203
For a cam Id go with the 204/214 from either edelbrock or elsewhere. Thats what mine is. Give me a month and Ill say what its like. Havnt had a chance to do anything but break it in.

For a cam Id go with the 204/214 from either edelbrock or elsewhere. Thats what mine is. Give me a month and Ill say what its like. Havnt had a chance to do anything but break it in.

Mines still in the box but that's the one I'll be using for now.:biggrin:

Progress Update

:biggrin::biggrin:Here's the latest progress.Polished combstion chamber,open cam windows, Honed cylander's. Thinking about SS valves. How much are they?

Attachments

• IMGP5471.jpg
    IMGP5471.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMGP5470.jpg
    IMGP5470.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMGP5469.jpg
    IMGP5469.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMGP5468.jpg
    IMGP5468.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMGP5467.jpg
    IMGP5467.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 169
Depends on which ones you get. The Ferrea valves are about $20 per valve but I don't know of any others out there now.

Been busy.. Keep it up, I like to see someone building something. I took a short break on my own project to finish up customers, I'll have that thread back alive soon.

while you have the intake off, block off the heat crossovers. it can gain an extra 8-15 hp. if you live in a cold area only block off one side. looks good so far.

OK I live in Wa is that considered cold? Also where are they? why does it make HP? How do most people block them off?

Well... you don't. Make sure you have those on BEFORE you install the turbocharger/carb plenum onto the lower intake.

OK I live in Wa is that considered cold? Also where are they? why does it make HP? How do most people block them off?

less heat in the intake is what gives you a spike in power. alot of old school races use to block off the heat crossovers. i will have to post pictures latter on.

here is where the heat cross overs are there is 4 total 2 on each side. in a cold area it may give you issues blocking them off.

Attachments

• for tb.jpg
    for tb.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 174