8.32 @ 167.6 MPH GoPro Video

Nice - now quit being a weeny and turn that sucker UP! :biggrin:

Congrats!

Good job Gene!
I bet you can knock off a second, when you are ready.

Nice - now quit being a weeny and turn that sucker UP! :biggrin:

Congrats!
Let me put your stage motor in and i will put 40# plus boost to it LOL
Come on you grew up and moved on with a V8 now and its just setting in the corner right Hehe I will turn it up when i feel safe and have more than 6 hits under my belt after getting my license:eek: Im still feeling it out and dont want to wreck it:D

Nice. Keep updating as you turn it up

Nice. Keep updating as you turn it up
Thanks for the positive feedback from everybody:)
Im planning on trying to get the 60ft,s (Best of 1.25)better this weekend and see if i can just get into the 7,s with the boost under 26#:biggrin:
I need to quit being a weeny as some might say LOL:biggrin:
Its a big step from my slow ass street car :wink:

Let me put your stage motor in and i will put 40# plus boost to it LOL
Come on you grew up and moved on with a V8 now and its just setting in the corner right Hehe I will turn it up when i feel safe and have more than 6 hits under my belt after getting my license:eek: Im still feeling it out and dont want to wreck it:D

Slow down there geno - that might scare you. :eek: I've got plans for my stage engine anyway - I'm not done with the V6s by a long shot!

I'm just bustin' your balls man.:biggrin: I've been in your shoes and know exactly where you're coming from. I've always been a cautious driver - it's not worth taking risks or driving above your head. Most people have no clue what its like to go from 9-10s to 7-8s. You are very wise to work your way into it as you get seat time - nothing to prove.

Looks like it's going to run some good numbers when you're ready.

Man i wish i had the spare money for your old car because it would be parked next to my other Buicks:cool: I can only dream of going as fast in my junk:D

Man i wish i had the spare money for your old car because it would be parked next to my other Buicks:cool: I can only dream of going as fast in my junk:D

You are on track to be just as fast - give it time. I'm pullin for you and I'd be glad to help any way I can for you to achieve your goals.

Then you can drag it east to BG so I can get a piece of it with my GS! :biggrin:

Nice numbers given the boost, looks like your compression on motor is up there. Good job

I just watched you dyno vid, I love the sound of your car, just awsome. How much does she weigh?

Its 2500# with me in it and the compression is 9.5 to 1:D
I built this motor and then decided to run methonol or it would have more compression :rolleyes:I will be building another motor this winter thats a odd fire with more compression:D

Geno, with 9.5:1 CR you should be able to easily push to 40-45 psi boost. That should get you much more than a higher compression with a boost limit that you'll have to watch like a hawk. If your raising the CR for a quicker spoolup, my experience is there won't be as much gain as you might hope for.
Find the max boost limit with this setup first. You just might find that it will satisfy your taste for powah.

Man, I wish I could throw the boost at it just past the 60' like you are.

:smile:
Geno, with 9.5:1 CR you should be able to easily push to 40-45 psi boost. That should get you much more than a higher compression with a boost limit that you'll have to watch like a hawk. If your raising the CR for a quicker spoolup, my experience is there won't be as much gain as you might hope for.
Find the max boost limit with this setup first. You just might find that it will satisfy your taste for powah.

Man, I wish I could throw the boost at it at the 60' like you are.

When i grow a larger set i will go for 40# plus :eek:
I will hit the tires this weeked harder than the 12 or 13# boost i did last time out..I didnt even get the front tires to come off the ground yet:rolleyes: The track im going to is the best preped track in NHRA Div 6 and is 50 Ft above sea level:smile:This is the track Galina set the Super stock record at being the first and only Super Stocker to run 7,s

Just stick to your game plan and creep up on it as your comfort level increases. I don't want to hear about you having a meeting with the wall.