67mm Billett Turbos

mzunino

I am have motor in process and trying to make a final decision on a turbo. Looking at the 6765's and 6768 hpq(both BB). Want to run the 80 exhaust housing but here is the deal. My convertor is right at about 3200-3300, just looking for some insight from guys running them how are they in terms of the street? Specs
212/212 Roller
Stroker Kit (9-1 Compression)
GN1 Heads Mild Port
80's (most likely)

Is it worth staying a little smaller. Really want to be able to run 10.5 all day and 10.0 if I want to go nuts. I appreciate any thoughts you guys have.

6765. Q-trim units are fun but are not going to spool like the less aggressive turbine wheels. I think it being a stroker helps spool and the BB doesn't hurt either. It seems like you will spend more time on the street and in the mid tens so I vote for the 6765. Look up Bent6 and his results.

i have a billet 67/65 with the larger exhaust housing .85 and a 4 in inlet
I ran out of fuel system before it could really stretch its wings but it took a 3700lb car to over 121mph in the 1/4 at only 18lbs

65/66 ex wheel. You need a really good converter to be able to couple the power it could make.

6768 here couldnt get the converter to lock 10.97 blowing through the converter not droping the rpm ..... should be a beast with dustys non lock up converter
smiles ?

its been compared to the 70GTQ but i got to make a full pass with the hp to the back tires to see ... it would barley break the tires loose in the water box 1.66 60ft

Thanks guys. Its a Protorque 9" . My fuel system is going to be upgraded Northern GN, looking like it needs to be very soon. Want to keep the stock CPU for money purposes and go double pump set up. A little nervous to not go XFI with the power I wanna make but just not in the budget today. My lean is to the 6765

to me the flash stall is the most important factor when trying to get the bigger turbo and larger ex housings combo's to work.don't go for the bigger ex wheel if you don't need it.

Thanks guys. Its a Protorque 9" . My fuel system is going to be upgraded Northern GN, looking like it needs to be very soon. Want to keep the stock CPU for money purposes and go double pump set up. A little nervous to not go XFI with the power I wanna make but just not in the budget today. My lean is to the 6765

Sell the ProTorque and go with a PTC 9.5". Go with a Gen2 translator and a wideband and you'll be fine for tuning. You don't need XFI to get just about the best results out of your car. The Gen2 is on sale right now at TurboTweak along with the Plug N Play harness. It has wideband tracking, and allows you to adjust timing and AFR across the entire RPM range in 400rpm increments. (400rpm, 800rpm,1200rpm, etc)

I chose the Gen2 because I didn't have 2k to spend on an XFI, and it still allows a lot of tuneability.

I have a Powerlogger & wideband. Have been thinking about going in that direction already. Not sure whether to get rid of the maf or not.

I have a Billet BB 67 turbo with a 9/11 convertor. see sig for times and combo.

@ 4 psi boost i'm at 3300 rpm .

I have a Powerlogger & wideband. Have been thinking about going in that direction already. Not sure whether to get rid of the maf or not.

The Turbo Tweak 6.1 chip uses the powerlogger and wideband to lock onto a target A/F at WOT and uses the MAF for cruising around. It's what I run.

At this point I just want to sell it unless the trade would be a turbo that would be perfect for my combo
$700+shipping