6765 billet 800hp on a supra!

You know what a 800hp Supra and a 500hp Buick have in common? It's not the number of cylinders :tongue:
Owners that like to spend a lot of $ on their cars:biggrin:.

How come every time i hear a story about a car (usually some high hp import) that ran a number they always say it was done on a tune that was about 400-500whp less than what they did on the dyno? Id understand this if the car ran 9.0 on the 1000hp tune and then they backed it up and the car went 8.0 on the 1500hp tune but i hardly ever see the high hp tune used where it counts. :confused::confused: There is little doubt the 2JZ is capable of making a lot more power in stock form. It was engineered to be able to withstand a lot of power and has a few more mains to spread the load out. The stock block Buick was never intended to be over 400hp.

The car in the video is a car out of North Texas setup for the texas mile race in Austin, TX.

That being said. It'd be interesting to see a match race between a supra with 6765 and Gn with 6765. Anyone know of one?;)

I have an old cast wheel 6680 and id line up against a 6765 equipped Supra any day.

There is a Supra at our local AZ Fastest street car and its got power, but he sits at the lights trying to spool it for at least 1 sec after green? It runs fast numbers from 8.30 to 8.80's around 180mph!

Markos' Supra is also a automatic car. Mabey a Turbo 400 or glide or somthing.For sure a BUNCH of converter. I've seen alot of big HP cars still rowing gears. I have to think an auto supra would be much faster than one w/a stick.

funny story....here in atlanta there is a yearly track event called "import showdown" and in the top class this guy has won every year for 5 years straight....

4156925809_34fe930a15_o.jpg

untill i called my friend rob irle that had this lil ol' buick named rosie....and because she is a 6 piston car she can compete in import showdown.....needless to say the supras 5 year undefeated record got broken :biggrin:

funny story....here in atlanta there is a yearly track event called "import showdown" and in the top class this guy has won every year for 5 years straight....

untill i called my friend rob irle that had this lil ol' buick named rosie....and because she is a 6 piston car she can compete in import showdown.....needless to say the supras 5 year undefeated record got broken :biggrin:

Well that supra looks like its leaving good! Sh_t n and gettin!

What did the supra run and what did the GN run that took the crown?

well harold we await your response,no matter how inflated & fabricated your facts may be.tic, toc, tic, toc.

the supra being a 6 spd car ran 9.80's with a 1.3 60

the TB ran 9.5's still not running full boost lol

the supra is now a TH400 car and runs 8.90's though.

nice but the ricers know that to be effective and consistent you need rear wheel drive and obviously the supra owner got smart and went with the turbo 400

the supra is now a TH400 car and runs 8.90's though.

There is your response homeboy., what i defend and have always stand by is the supra motor hands down in its stock form can withstand twice the amount of HP that the 3.8 GN stock block can handle, and lets face it, even the car is more aerodynamic and looks bad @$$ when done right. ;)

someone seems like they might want to divorce this site and go to the Supra forums...fulltime. :rolleyes:

nice but the ricers know that to be effective and consistent you need rear wheel drive and obviously the supra owner got smart and went with the turbo 400
i have a few friends with 10 second AWD cars that are pretty nasty....but they still aint coming out the whole like the supra. they are cutting like 1.5-1.6's on 4 drag radials.
There is your response homeboy., what i defend and have always stand by is the supra motor hands down in its stock form can withstand twice the amount of HP that the 3.8 GN stock block can handle, and lets face it, even the car is more aerodynamic and looks bad @$$ when done right. ;)
the 2jz-gte is an amazing motor for sure. this cars is BUILT....far from stock.

you cant count out the fact that a supra costs 3 times the amount of a TB
someone seems like they might want to divorce this site and go to the Supra forums...fulltime. :rolleyes:
hahhahhaaaaahaaa!!!

I forgot to mention that I've owned 7 turbo buicks and sold all of them but my original that was bought back in 99 that just got sold less than 1 yr ago, I own a supra now but its also forsale as i have decided to stop playing with toys and do something more profitable with my money than piss it away on toys. ;)

Divorce all sites??? :biggrin: Point is we all know the Supra has a stronger block... HOWEVER this is a site for us TR lovers and if one should want to trash talk the power plant CONSISTANTLY maybe on e would be more happy on another forum... Just sayin! Anyway, I was just jokin man....

Well there is always stage 2 blocks but any how the point being made is that you obviously couldn't put together a very hard running t/r no matter how much money you threw at it and from what i hear a certain honda put you down at fontana so that further hastened the selling of your last t/r, just about every reply you have posted,you are putting the Buick's down or being abrasive and anal about all types of subjects,you like drama and can't seem to live with out it, the guy has a point you don't own a t/r you obviously hate them,you defend supras as though you personally built each and everyone of them ( i don't have nothing against supras ) ask yourself seriously what are you doing on this beloved site, don't hate because you are inept when it comes to Buick's. Time moves on and so should you, i don't dislike you ,just tired of all your negativity, now go find a nice supra web site and please don't pm me with peni$ like symbols,it only goes to validate this reply. good night and peace. me-:) you-:mad: