64mm is here...

explain why you think that? and heres my response,well i serched everywere for headers,here is what i found,poston h/a headers witch are just about 1/8 bigger then stock for 500:confused: custum headers for 2to3000:eek: or the i got a new shiny set of speed daddy hot rod headers with more work to make fit with no proof of any gains...YET, or the stockers that will go into the 10s forsure,and since my car probably wont see 10s,IMO that turbo will be fine 2 1/2 upipe and 3inch dp gets it in fast and out faster o ya all that head work helps too;):p

Speed daddy headers are cheap and very easy to modify and most likely flow more than stockers, I can care less how shiny they are since they will be wrapped anyway. Nobody bought those headers for their looks at least I didn't. I bought them to replace my welded up crappy stockers until I build my own. I'd like some postons headers for $500.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Maybe I got lucky on my stockers 1 pair was excellent and the outhe had a small repair done nice..but imo lots of people by headers for looks not performance and lots of people don't wrap for fear of moister and rust....

explain why you think that? and heres my response,well i serched everywere for headers,here is what i found,poston h/a headers witch are just about 1/8 bigger then stock for 500:confused: custum headers for 2to3000:eek: or the i got a new shiny set of speed daddy hot rod headers with more work to make fit with no proof of any gains...YET, or the stockers that will go into the 10s forsure,and since my car probably wont see 10s,IMO that turbo will be fine 2 1/2 upipe and 3inch dp gets it in fast and out faster o ya all that head work helps too;):p
Are you still going to use the 2 o ring adapter to mount it to the intake? see ya! John

Wrong!!!! Stock intercooled headers are good down to the 10's. To the best to my knowledge stock hot air headers have not made it past the 12's without some modification being done to the passenger side header. So if you want to be the first to prove everyone else wrong then by all means go ahead and do so. I'm just trying to give you some constructive advice but hey since you know it all I guess I'll be proven wrong.

yes im still using the 2 oring connecter ported along with all the work i put in my intake.now first off there boost your CONSTRUCTIVE advice was that is a waste of a turbo:confused: was that helpfull in helping me?so i asked you to explain why,for help and you basiclly went into little man syndrome on me and took your little red ball and went home . i dont know it all nor said i did but if i hurt your feelings by buying my wasted turbo and saying my ol h/a aint gonna run 10s anyway,just stay off my thread,thanks George:cool:

How about getting the quote right first. What said exactly was.........."With stock headers, that's a waste of a turbo IMO."
In a nut shell I did not imply that the turbo was not a good idea, I simply said that with stock headers it is just wasted power because you will never see
the real potential with stock headers. If you can't read between the lines with that statement and I have to spell it out for you word for word then sorry
for me that I didn't realize that. And sorry for you for twisting my words into something they were never meant to be. Anyway have fun.

yes im still using the 2 oring connecter ported along with all the work i put in my intake.now first off there boost your CONSTRUCTIVE advice was that is a waste of a turbo:confused: was that helpfull in helping me?so i asked you to explain why,for help and you basiclly went into little man syndrome on me and took your little red ball and went home . i dont know it all nor said i did but if i hurt your feelings by buying my wasted turbo and saying my ol h/a aint gonna run 10s anyway,just stay off my thread,thanks George:cool:
The reason I asked about the 2 oring adapter was on my 62 turbo we had the lower end cut off and welded to the bottom of the compressor end of the turbo to cut out the restriction of the small end of the adapter. See ya! John

not a problem boost,misunderstanding between your two paragraphs.so lets be freinds no cowboy keyboarding,now you know you have to explain things to me cuase i dont know it allo_O and apparently cant read:D.............i will look at that i thought i got it pretty close to the opening john ,o ya very nice sig by the way

i have complete faith that the stock headers will make your number.

in fact........... i have faith that it could be done on the earlier cast iron manifolds.

these engines have proven to us that they fart just fine.... getting the exhaust out in not the issue - getting the boosted charge in is.

How long will the stockers last before they will have to be fixed over and over until you can't weld them no more.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

thanks doc,to be honest when i seated the rings like i was told, i did a mild torque brake ofcourse i have the stock converter till its broke in right now so it sat at 5psi i let off the brake and within a second atmost 2 it was allready at 22psi:eek: dont want to fudge stuff up so just reguler driving for now,but point being theres not ahole lot diffrence in tube size on 86 or 87 right? and with some gussets put in the right stress points i dont see why they wont hold up,and if it comes to that guess i will find a pair...no big deal live and learn,trying to do more with less...

passed emmisions with flying colers,no emmisions chip no egr no nouthing just cat,they didnt even finish the test guy pulled it out and i was like whats wrong ,he said im not even gonna finish your good :):p:D thanks to the guys that helped me with the build.

How's it feel to drive a strong HA car now?;) It's amazing what a little porting can do when you've got a bigger turbo, isn't it.:cool:

i only got 138 on it now:(still have more break in miles to go and jimmy has to do my trans yet before it will really run do you have any work done to the intake john?