6466 Turbo Talk.

I didn't read through all the post, do you or have you owned an HPT unit? They seem like they are nice and pretty reliable units. I think that Harry is the owner of HPT and he is an extremely nice and knowledgeable person, willing to ask all your questions and make recommendations. If you ask him a question about his products he'll answer it, even if the information is readily available. Harry explimplifies what business owner should strive to emulate. You won't ever hear him say, "That's the way we roll!".
Actually I havent.
Hpt really hasn't been around that long.
I like the speed sensor and the housing and the new wheels though.
Sounds like a good peice.
I am around alot of different combos though and see lots of things😉
As far as reliability
That's an interesting topic.
a guy who runs 50% of the turbos ability will have alot of longevity.
A guy who rush 100% will have alot less.
Inmo😉
And I have over sped alot of turbos from alot of companies😉 and know what the can do and know how long they wont do it for.
Inmo thesedays a turbo should be treated more like an injector.
80% to hit that mark.
Alot of people will make power and not break them.
But for those that want to blaze the path all in is the life💪

The stainless ex housing is not new in the bigger turbos/v band
But new to a 3 bolt for sure.

"Inmo thesedays a turbo should be treated more like an injector.
80% to hit that mark."

Interesting. If I can get my damn car back together before spring and have some time to tune, I hope to push my Precision 6265 to at least 80%. I would love to crack into the high 10's with the turbo.

80% to hit that mark."

Interesting. If I can get my damn car back together before spring and have some time to tune, I hope to push my Precision 6265 to at least 80%. I would love to crack into the high 10's with the turbo.
10's with the 6265 is a walk in the park. I ran pretty much 7 flat at 100 in the 1/8th with my 6262 on 23 PSI with stock junk all day long on an easy 1.68 launch and I'd stage last and leave as fast as the lights fell. You're running Erics 5.7 chip. If you have PL and you do a WOT 1st gear pass, you'll note the low gear 02's are likely in the 830-850 range. Erics does this so we don't blow shit up. Drop the low gear 02's into the 770's and see what happens. Getting these cars to haul ass in the 330 is everything. High gear is easy. Throw the boost to it and enough high gear fuel so it doesn't hurt itself and hang on for dear life.

80% to hit that mark."

Thats a very achievable goal You shouldnt have issues running it like that.

A couple people asked about oil setups for the HPT turbos and I have a solution. It’s a -4 fed line with an adaptor for the brass block where the factory oil line connects and a -8 drain line. Now before someone flips out that that’s too small please understand that is what is recommended these turbos use a lot less oil than the older stuff. The restrictor that comes with it is .017

Attachments

• IMG_6053.jpeg
    IMG_6053.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6052.jpeg
    IMG_6052.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
A couple people asked about oil setups for the HPT turbos and I have a solution. It’s a -4 fed line with an adaptor for the brass block where the factory oil line connects and a -8 drain line. Now before someone flips out that that’s too small please understand that is what is recommended these turbos use a lot less oil than the older stuff. The restrictor that comes with it is .017
Does it come with the flange for the return that mounts to the turbo? Also how much is the setup i don’t see it on the website? Thank you

Mike are you planning on offering this solution?

Mike are you planning on offering this solution?

Wish this was available when I bought my HPT turbo, but, not a huge deal to modify what you have to make it work.

10's with the 6265 is a walk in the park. I ran pretty much 7 flat at 100 in the 1/8th with my 6262 on 23 PSI with stock junk all day long on an easy 1.68 launch and I'd stage last and leave as fast as the lights fell. You're running Erics 5.7 chip. If you have PL and you do a WOT 1st gear pass, you'll note the low gear 02's are likely in the 830-850 range. Erics does this so we don't blow shit up. Drop the low gear 02's into the 770's and see what happens. Getting these cars to haul ass in the 330 is everything. High gear is easy. Throw the boost to it and enough high gear fuel so it doesn't hurt itself and hang on for dear life.
Very accurate post!

Yes , 3-bolt exhaust inlet & 4-bolt outlet . The difference is the oil drain is threaded and the stock drain will not work . Mine is a -10 drain .

FWIW - i've been in contact with Comp Turbo over the past 3 weeks for a turbo with GN exhaust in 0.85 AR (3-bolt inlet and GN outlet DP). They don't have any more of these Ex. housing and can only get GN Ex in 0.63 AR from a supplier; not casting any more, either cuz previous castings "sat on shelf too long." Only other option with CompTurbo is T4 inlet and V-band to DP which is "on the shelf, ready to go..."

It's a hubless design for even more wheel flow 15% increase and lighter weight and faster spool times
It's kind of hard to imagine spooling faster than what they offer now !! ....... Should I upgrade ?? just a thought :unsure::unsure:...call Ernie .

It's kind of hard to imagine spooling faster than what they offer now !! ....... Should I upgrade ?? just a thought :unsure::unsure:...call Ernie .
Same here. I had one of the first run of the CEA turbos when they were introduced and they were a game changer for me. I can't imagine what the turbos are like today.

Scooby , I just put on their 6771 .85AR back last May , it spools to 32psi in under .4 seconds and made 990hp @ 34psi . Now with a new wheel it will spool faster and flow 15% more . It seems that many won't need as big a turbo as they thought .

Scooby , I just put on their 6771 .85AR back last May , it spools to 32psi in under .4 seconds and made 990hp @ 34psi . Now with a new wheel it will spool faster and flow 15% more . It seems that many won't need as big a turbo as they thought .
Wonder what the equivalent is of the 6262 I ran. It was all that most guys would ever need. I ran 7 flat at 100 all day with out even trying.

He is at pri
What I see is guys going faster with smaller mm compressors and being able to go much bigger on the comp side with larger turbine wheels with larger ex housings, lowering backpressure with supercharger like spool😉
like yours 😉