6466 Turbo Talk.

In all fairness Dvernst simply responded to your claim that a poster couldn’t keep boost from running away because he didn’t have an external gate.

I’ve seen what Dave did to modify the RJC swing arm and it IS a flawed design with regards to leverage.

You responded with a long winded response that went way beyond what Dave was talking about, in your usual fashion.
And btw
We have a car here with the same swing arm you say doesnt work going low 9s on a 64.
no he doesnt need the boost control and the turbo cannot be run all in on an hd actuator.

Yes very true
That was the thinking for sure and for good reason.
But.....
On multiple combos with the triple bb ctr wheels they spool so fast going to the bigger ar is the smarter way.
Spooling faster and getting the backpressure down can and needs to be done😉
Dynoman ran the same 64 bb turbo as you with a .63 ex housing.
We switched him to a 67/71 triple bb on an .85 pte and off the footbrake it spooled to 34psi in .5 sec from 1psi🙂
I won tell you how much more power it made as well😎
Also at any rpm while cruising boost can be made or recovered while driving.
that's a 6mm increase on turbine wheel and 3mm increase on compressor wheel with a massive increase going to the .85 ex housing vs the .63.
That's what the newer turbos can be all about.
I've had the same result on with my stuff as well on even bigger turbos
This info is on buicks too not some import😉
Was there a big spool difference between the 64 bb .63 and the 6771 .85 triplex bb on Dynoman's car from 0-32 psi?
Im aware the power increase was substantial ;)

Read the thread
Its turbo talk
long winded to you but others appreciate all the info on the new turbos that they can benefit on which is what this thread was about.
Before you defend your boy there
He attacked me
And continues to do so.
And I gave the guy a real solution not a re angle the rod and try this solution.
I beg you to go back and read his first comment in here. He simply said not true to what you said.

You are the one that went wayyyy off into the bushes. At this point I think he’s just having fun with you. It’s easy.

A lot of us have been on this board for a long time but rarely post. For reasons like this. You usually go on with these long, vague posts about these top secret cars.

Ps….I’ve never met Dave

And btw
We have a car here with the same swing arm you say doesnt work going low 9s on a 64.
no he doesnt need the boost control and the turbo cannot be run all in on an hd actuator.
Gosh that’s neat. Is it a real car that any of us would know of? Or one of the secret cars from the world of Spool?

I beg you to go back and read his first comment in here. He simply said not true to what you said.

You are the one that went wayyyy off into the bushes. At this point I think he’s just having fun with you. It’s easy.

A lot of us have been on this board for a long time but rarely post. For reasons like this. You usually go on with these long, vague posts about these top secret cars.

Ps….I’ve never met Dave
do you understand n/t?
Or street racing?
Do you understand this is the internet?
I have given plenty of info that would be highly beneficial to those that go down this path.
I'm not going to tell you everything
It would be to long winded for you anyway😉
I race and those around me do in alot of different environments.
There is a part of me personally that thinks we wouldn't have an issue if we were all face to face.
There are plenty of things you cant read between each other on the internet.

do you understand n/t?
Or street racing?
Do you understand this is the internet?
I have given plenty of info that would be highly beneficial to those that go down this path.
I'm not going to tell you everything
It would be to long winded for you anyway😉
I race and those around me do in alot of different environments.
There is a part of me personally that thinks we wouldn't have an issue if we were all face to face.
There are plenty of things you cant read between each other on the internet.
My car has gone 9.4x with a 1.34 60’ with a 6466. Race weight is 3750.

But nobody knows my car or any of my buddy’s cars that have all done similar feats.

I’ll say it again…a lot of us have been on this site for a long time. Longer than you.

🙄

Was there a big spool difference between the 64 bb .63 and the 6771 .85 triplex bb on Dynoman's car from 0-32 psi?
We had a 6767 on there 1st
Then changed the exhaust wheel to a 71
There was no loss in spool between them
There was also no loss in spool time vs the 64 as well👍

My car has gone 9.4x with a 1.34 60’ with a 6466. Race weight is 3750.

But nobody knows my car or any of my buddy’s cars that have all done similar feats.

I’ll say it again…a lot of us have been on this site for a long time. Longer than you.

🙄
nice!
We too are in the dont advertise world
These are track times or street times?
That's getting it done at 3750.
From the 60ft all the way through.
But.....
You cant even come out to play here unless your running 8 sec and faster😉

Yes , it spooled way faster than the 64 . On a test ride I was going about 35-40mph , hit it pretty hard ,car went sideways and I got out of it . Inspecting the log afterwards , at 65% throttle the boost was at 32psi in less than .4 sec and the motor was making 920hp ...that's why it went sideways LOL . Night and day difference from the Tnetics 64 with .63 housing to the 6771 .85 housing . The boost definitely needs to be ramped in because it comes on like a supercharger .

Dynoman, was that with the engine in your signature? Weight of the car?

Dynoman, was that with the engine in your signature? Weight of the car?
No , different motor built by Dave Husek for E85 , stroked , cam Dave had custom ground ,10-1compression , GN1 aluminum heads , SwainTec coated pistons , combustion chamber , exhaust ports , valve faces & exhaust stems . Dave spent a lot of time on the valve train geometry to get it perfect . The motor is very strong .
Car weighs 3780 lbs.
I need to update my signature , much has changed !!

No , different motor built by Dave Husek for E85 , stroked , cam Dave had custom ground ,10-1compression , GN1 aluminum heads , SwainTec coated pistons , combustion chamber , exhaust ports , valve faces & exhaust stems . Dave spent a lot of time on the valve train geometry to get it perfect . The motor is very strong .
Car weighs 3780 lbs.
I need to update my signature , much has changed !!
Yes you do

Yes , it spooled way faster than the 64 . On a test ride I was going about 35-40mph , hit it pretty hard ,car went sideways and I got out of it . Inspecting the log afterwards , at 65% throttle the boost was at 32psi in less than .4 sec and the motor was making 920hp ...that's why it went sideways LOL . Night and day difference from the Tnetics 64 with .63 housing to the 6771 .85 housing . The boost definitely needs to be ramped in because it comes on like a supercharger .
Bad ass combination😎

Thanks for the Data, thats some good stuff
I remember when the Gt-q wheel was the greatest thing since sliced bread. man how far we've come.

I updated my signature .
you probably mentioned this elsewhere and i missed it, apologies in adv. Is the 0.85 AR housing on the Comp turbo a 3-bolt inlet and Buick compatible 4-bolt exhaust? GN1 DP with external waste gate?

you probably mentioned this elsewhere and i missed it, apologies in adv. Is the 0.85 AR housing on the Comp turbo a 3-bolt inlet and Buick compatible 4-bolt exhaust? GN1 DP with external waste gate?
Unless I am mistaken I think it is a PTE Buick .85 housing that is used for it?