6262dbb billet first impressions

qwks6

Boost junkie
I would defiantly NOT recommend this turbo to anybody with heart problems, bladder control issues, or anxiety. :eek::eek::eek:

Otherwise, I finished up the install, got her out today for the first test drive and came back with pants full of crap! It is way faster on the 15lbs that I was brave enough to try than the turbonetics 61 was at 22lbs! Yeah, I only turned it up to 15 pounds. Spool up was so quick and hard I was just praying nothing broke! We'll see what 20 pounds is like at the track. :D;)

Quick question, I am getting some knock retard right as the turbo hits, probably because of how fast the spool up is. Should I compensate this by adjusting the initial level in the pac? Probably a question for razor in the other section, but maybe I could kill two birds with one stone.

I'll have to post track results when it open up. Can't wait.

This turbo is, dare I say, overkill for the street. Perfect!

I would defiantly NOT recommend this turbo to anybody with heart problems, bladder control issues, or anxiety. :eek::eek::eek:

Otherwise, I finished up the install, got her out today for the first test drive and came back with pants full of crap! It is way faster on the 15lbs that I was brave enough to try than the turbonetics 61 was at 22lbs! Yeah, I only turned it up to 15 pounds. Spool up was so quick and hard I was just praying nothing broke! We'll see what 20 pounds is like at the track. :D;)

Quick question, I am getting some knock retard right as the turbo hits, probably because of how fast the spool up is. Should I compensate this by adjusting the initial level in the pac? Probably a question for razor in the other section, but maybe I could kill two birds with one stone.

I'll have to post track results when it open up. Can't wait.

This turbo is, dare I say, overkill for the street. Perfect!

How are you controling boost to get it down to 15lbs? Did you port the wastegate hole to how much?

Have an external gated DP, manual boost control. I just put the turbo on and wanted to make sure it didn't overboost right off the bat. I'll add more and more keeping an eye on things. And the wastegate hole looked ported, I bought it from Jack Cotton, and he knew what my setup was. The wastegate hole looked way too big for an internal gate unless you had a really big puck.

Check with Razor but I'd say you don't have enough boost at 15#'s to be using the alcohol. I drive mine with 22-24#'s all the time.

Glad to see you enjoy the 6262. I would expect it to be a killer street turbo.

Check with Razor but I'd say you don't have enough boost at 15#'s to be using the alcohol. I drive mine with 22-24#'s all the time.

Glad to see you enjoy the 6262. I would expect it to be a killer street turbo.

Yeah, but I have an alky chip in there and that pulls fuel to compensate for the alcohol being sprayed. Also, with my head work my compression ratio is a little higher than stock. I'll run with higher boost here soon!

I have an alky chip in there and that pulls fuel to compensate for the alcohol being sprayed.
No. It doesnt pull fuel. It is burned with less pulse width so it will deliver less fuel. Be sure to keep an eye on the a/f. There can be a significant difference on one chip compared to another regardless if they were both burned for the same injector. You can get 30-40% less fuel at higher rpm's in one chip compared to another on an injector as small as 50lb/hr. I know this because i erroneously installed the wrong chip in one of my cars a few weeks ago and i could not get the a/f to come down even with the fueling maxed out in the chip. At 19psi the car was at 12:1 with alky spraying full blast. I figured out i had the wrong chip and switched it out and saw 9.8-9.9:1 with no other changes at all and that was off the base program without adding anything. Cranking it up to 23psi got it at 10.7-10.8 in 30* air. The chip is burned for 25psi and is damn close on the base fueling. Eric is the man when it comes to chips but make sure you have the one you need in htere or you will have problems.

No. It doesnt pull fuel. It is burned with less pulse width so it will deliver less fuel. Be sure to keep an eye on the a/f. There can be a significant difference on one chip compared to another regardless if they were both burned for the same injector. You can get 30-40% less fuel at higher rpm's in one chip compared to another on an injector as small as 50lb/hr. I know this because i erroneously installed the wrong chip in one of my cars a few weeks ago and i could not get the a/f to come down even with the fueling maxed out in the chip. At 19psi the car was at 12:1 with alky spraying full blast. I figured out i had the wrong chip and switched it out and saw 9.8-9.9:1 with no other changes at all and that was off the base program without adding anything. Cranking it up to 23psi got it at 10.7-10.8 in 30* air. The chip is burned for 25psi and is damn close on the base fueling. Eric is the man when it comes to chips but make sure you have the one you need in htere or you will have problems.

Very good info. I installed the chip right before I fired it up with the new turbo. Would have been the last thing I did if I didn't get a leaky feed line after I did fire her up.;)

I was glad that was the only thing that went wrong! Boy was that first ride fun and exciting! I really couldn't believe the difference this turbo makes over the last one. Still can't. Come on track, open up....

What did you run with your old turbo?

12.6's - 12.8's consistently, poor 60' times, good mph, too low of a stall for the turbonetics 61. I could have gotten it down with some work, but after swapping to stock for smog and swapping back I was in the mood, with some extra cash in hand, for a change. I am really liking my decision...

Quick question, I am getting some knock retard right as the turbo hits, probably because of how fast the spool up is. Should I compensate this by adjusting the initial level in the pac?

Eric's alky chips pull timing at first to help get rid of transitional knock when on alky. Without this, the timing seems to come in faster than the alky pump gets going. Usually this works very well on the street, but maybe in your case it isn't. To see whats really going on you'll need some logs when you're getting the knock.

I have recently played around with some different TT chips and the razor pac controls paying special attention to this setting. Setting the turn on point a little sooner and raising the initial gain on the dials inside the pac box will get more alky flowing sooner, for sure. A newer system with the green light will change color sooner.

If you can verify that putting in the alky sooner will get rid of the knock, then you may get Eric to burn a custom chip that will pull out more timing or delay it more for street driving to compensate for the quicker spool of the billet BB turbo. I wouldn't recommend using that chip for racing though as it could negatively affect the 60fts.

if you're on the brake and boosting at the line the alky is already flowwing even if the green light hasnt flipped from red ..its there if the red pump light is on , theres no reason to lower the timing , if anything thats a good time to jack the timing up , of course on the street its not ideal but at the track dropping out timing and delaying it until the car is going 35mph makes for some lame launches