6152 Or 6776

Either is ok, really depends on how much power you want. i'm partial to the 6776 though... :biggrin:

about 3 months ago i went from a 6152 to a 6776 bb. I have a 3k stall. All i have to say is i miss my 6152.

I have to leave on the transbrake to make any boost with the 6776bb. with my 6152 I could flat stab it and have full boost 10ft out.

Call Cottons and buy the perfect in-between model...CPT61BB P-trim(76) with a .63 AR. It's what I have...It builds boost fast!

about 3 months ago i went from a 6152 to a 6776 bb. I have a 3k stall. All i have to say is i miss my 6152.

I have to leave on the trans brake to make any boost with the BB. with my 6152 I could flat stab it and have full boost 10ft out.

6776bb will need a 3200 stall...I'm running a GT6776e standard journal with a 3400-3600 9/11 and it spools pretty good...not as good as it could since I'm still running stock cam and heads. I recently added a RJC mbc and that helped quite a bit. If I leave on the trans brake it blows the DR's off :biggrin:

62/65

What about a billet wheel 62/65 as an in between? Cal has them on sale and could probably give you some good advice. Jack Cotton and Full Throttle probably have the same sale too. Between the three of these guys, they have just about seen every combo out there. :)

What about a billet wheel 62/65 as an in between? Cal has them on sale and could probably give you some good advice. Jack Cotton and Full Throttle probably have the same sale too. Between the three of these guys, they have just about seen every combo out there. :)

I have one of these for my street car.
It is not on yet, but I have great expectations.

I got mine running yesterday with the 6776, but I haven't driven it yet. Mine's a 4.1L so the converter that was stalling 3k in my 3.8L (9x11) should get this puppy out of the hole quite easily. I will let you know. It sure looks intimidating and sounds mean as hell :D

The 62/65 is the replacement for any of the 67mm turbo's, it spools faster and makes more power. Don't bother getting any other 67mm wheel as it'll be a downgrade. If you are concerned about the street than the BB62/65 in the .63 house would be the ticket.

The 62/65 is the replacement for any of the 67mm turbo's, it spools faster and makes more power. Don't bother getting any other 67mm wheel as it'll be a downgrade. If you are concerned about the street than the BB62/65 in the .63 house would be the ticket.
What is PTE's part number for the "62/65"? Do you have any references for your claim that it replaces, and is superior to, any 67mm turbo from PTE? Does PTE agree with this claim?

I've already posted a dyno of the BB62/65 vs the BB67/76 on an EVO. It hammered the hell out of it in the mid range and made more power all the way up with barely pushing more at the very end like 8500rpm. The 62/65 are the two newest wheel technologies and I'd bet by next spring most vendors will no longer recommend any other 67 wheel.

PTE doesn't release dyno graphs or does any GN vendor, you need to go into the EVO world as those guys have the vendors by the nuts and make them dyno EVERY PART.

Fullthrottlespeed had a sale on this turbo but in a journal bearing.

Call Cottons and buy the perfect in-between model...CPT61BB P-trim(76) with a .63 AR. It's what I have...It builds boost fast!

Some guy's have told me that if I do get a Turbo to replace my TE-44, the 61 BB would be the Turbo_Other guy's have told me that if you plan on not running over 18lbs of Boost its worthless to buy a 61 BB and you won't see any major difference between the 2 Turbo's:confused:

real,either way you are leaving alot on the table without a good converter,add the alky raise the boost,and you will have a strong combo there.the 44 will get it done,there are alot of choices in the turbo world and in my opinion there is no best,there just rated by potential power ratings.

Yeah I only want a car that feels fast on the street.If it were to run 11.5's at the Track that would be fast enough.I may race it in the future but not enough to worry about the Et's.Stall converter and Alky and I will be done with it.