Attachments

• 560ci v6.jpg
    560ci v6.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2,837
  • v6.jpg
    v6.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,512
Nice!

More info. Who's (or what) is it? What's the bore and stroke?

Mike B.

The only info I have is that it belongs to some sheik overseas. I'm not sure what it's intended for. I'm just guessing, but they do have some specific 6 cylinder classes that are dominated by Duttweiler V6 engines......Buick of course. I'm wondering if this new motor will be their attempt to dethrone the Buick.

from the CNC milled logos, i'd say its a SPeed Tech build, for "KH" (not sure if its personalization or a model)....it looks like 12 injectors, 2 throttle bodies, 90 degree V6 design, block doesnt look CAST, but It'd have to have been cast first then extensively milled...from aluminum....looks to be all aluminum engine.. (block and heads are aluminum, along with intake system)...heads looks HUGE...far too big to be based on a buick design, theres the appearance it could be overhead cam engine, but it loks like its a pushrod engine from the top bore for a camshaft, OR a balance shaft, and the cavities for what appears to be either water jackets, or pushrods....need more info as well. 560 cubic inches in a 6 cyl design, clearly huge bore and stroke..something in the range of 4.00"-4.50" bore with 4" stroke? (am aware that 3.8L/231s are 3.8" bores on average with a 3.4" stroke...)

ok im not sure, but apparently a bore of 4.64 and stroke of 5.745 v6 got close to 560 cubic inches according to an online calculator...and on another forum, this engine seems to be designed to be twin turbo'd and used for SAND RACING.....as in run as hard up a hill as possible without blowing up the engine and whoever gets to the top wins....dominated by V6s and 4wd SUVs....

I've seen that "KH" monogram before.....it was on the Al-Anabi cars owned by the $heik of Qatar.:eek:

That looks cheap.:eek: Probably $100k for the block alone. About an hours pay when you have oil vs. blood in ur veins....:p

from the CNC milled logos, i'd say its a SPeed Tech build, for "KH" (not sure if its personalization or a model)....it looks like 12 injectors, 2 throttle bodies, 90 degree V6 design, block doesnt look CAST, but It'd have to have been cast first then extensively milled...from aluminum....looks to be all aluminum engine.. (block and heads are aluminum, along with intake system)...heads looks HUGE...far too big to be based on a buick design, theres the appearance it could be overhead cam engine, but it loks like its a pushrod engine from the top bore for a camshaft, OR a balance shaft, and the cavities for what appears to be either water jackets, or pushrods....need more info as well. 560 cubic inches in a 6 cyl design, clearly huge bore and stroke..something in the range of 4.00"-4.50" bore with 4" stroke? (am aware that 3.8L/231s are 3.8" bores on average with a 3.4" stroke...)

ok im not sure, but apparently a bore of 4.64 and stroke of 5.745 v6 got close to 560 cubic inches according to an online calculator...and on another forum, this engine seems to be designed to be twin turbo'd and used for SAND RACING.....as in run as hard up a hill as possible without blowing up the engine and whoever gets to the top wins....dominated by V6s and 4wd SUVs....

Everything is billet. The block was most likely machined for a solid core. The heads are Alan Johnson Hemi heads. It could be based on the mopar design or the C-hemi head like you see in the Chevy Pro-mod ranks. My guess is this is a full billet motor which is built on the 800+ci V8 C-hemi with 2 cylinders cut off.

Well the way I see it is now someone has paid for the cnc program time so all I need to do is pay for shop time and the "hunk" of aluminum!:D It might not be a "bolt up" to my trans but they could prob just change the bell housing blt pattern to anything I wanted. hhhhmmmm there may be some hood clearance issues.

I would think that's it's a 5.6L engine . The crank cam spacing doesn't look
tall enough for a 5.25 stroke and the length of the block also looks to short
for a 5.00 bore spacing . 340 CI sounds more reallistic.Just my opinion though .

I am using a factory 85 4.3 block with a 4.060" bore, 3.75 stroke and mine will only come out to 291.3 cid and that looks much more capable than that. :)

I would think that's it's a 5.6L engine . The crank cam spacing doesn't look
tall enough for a 5.25 stroke and the length of the block also looks to short
for a 5.00 bore spacing . 340 CI sounds more reallistic.Just my opinion though .

Dan,

Thanks for the information.
It is nice to see you post.