50's or 60's/chip

TurboGN

I'm thinking seriously about upgrading to high-quality squirters without an eyewatering idle. I know the Delphi's are great but heard the Mototrons are manufactured to higher standards. Which would be the best for a 100% street driven vehicle? Which chip burner would you recommend for each? See my combination in the sig. Thanks, Joel

Nevermind, I'm definitely going with the 60's. I apologize for not researching further prior to posting. Joel

Originally posted by bishir
B]Curious, what made you make your decision? [/B]
Bishir,
I originally thought I wanted the 60's but Joe Lubrant talked me into going with the 50's due to my relatively small turbo and mostly normal driving habits, i.e., I don't take my car to the track. He felt like the 50's would suit my combination better and be easier to tweak. He also had a chip/injector special ($375) going on. I respected his advice considering he stood to make more off the 60's.

Thanks, I was in the same quandry for myself, but my car will see track use. James

I just went thru the same decision making, however I'm planning to get a slightly bigger turbo than the TE44/TA49. The 50's have been the injector of choice for a long time due to their linear qualities, but now the 60's are out, and yes Mototron/Siemans are very high quality, they have been making marine grade injectors for Mercury for a long time. I've heard the 60's have a little better idle quality due to the multiple nozzles each injector has. I just got mine but have not installed them yet.

2QUICK6,
I've read about the quality demands of Mercury and their fuel management systems. The V8's I read about were rated at 1100 hp each!
I don't envy the chip guys for having to match linear qualities to each vehicle/combination. Joe's recommendation should be fine for my mild-recipe combo but I'm sure the 60's would have worked also. Basically, the 50's have probably been "learned in" better by the chip burners since they've been around longer. For me, the 36# bluetops are maxed out and the RA chip was burned for 93 pump gas as opposed to 93 and alky. A little more fuel and timing should make my sled funner and safer. Hopefully, safe mid 11's in street trim.
Joel