500 HP, 16K miles, $25K

emmittman

500 HP, 16K miles, $25K? What do you guys think? Thinking about taking the plunge. I saw the car at a car show a month ago and it was SPOTless. It scares me to even think about driving something like this. It is that nice! I believe it has been painted at one time, b\c like I said...........SPOTless

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL

Car looks nice. How did the engine look?

I'm no expert on these cars but do the mods listed support the 500 rear wheel HP claim?

X2 on the looks ( save for them being chitty craigslist pics )

However, there is NO WAY with what's listed that it makes 500 WHP.:rolleyes: Maybe 325..... maybe.

A 60mm turbo (which is quite small really) will support 500 HP, but not magically make it. This car better have at a minimum, Champion heads, roller cam, & be huffing 25+ PSI to lay down 500 WHP.

Don't let a sellers line of BS make you overlook the obvious. As everyone knows, the car market is soft & a mint stocker may bring $25K from a rich moneyman at Barrett Jackson, but certainly not a modded one on Craigslist.

have him show you recent dyno pulls where it shows it made 500rwhp, i think he is pulling those numbers out of a hat hoping someone who doesn't know about mods but is fascinated with these cars will byte, don't be sucker, like previous posters said, those mods don't support 500 wheel unless he has some major work done to bottom end, bigger turbo, at least some champion ported heads or aluminum heads, with an extremely nice tune, good luck..

I own that 1987 GN you guys are talking about & the i can only go by what the guys at white racing told me the car was making @ 25 psi on race gas. White racing did all the work on the car. For one thing the car is super fast & i believe it's 500 hp or very close.