5.0 Ford 5 speed turbocharged GN build

When I contemplated on selling my first GN, the buyer told me he was going to drop a manual in it. I told him I thought that was a bad idea. He insisted....so I killed the sale. Old schoolers know why I did that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

elaborate kind sir....;)

When I contemplated on selling my first GN, the buyer told me he was going to drop a manual in it. I told him I thought that was a bad idea. He insisted....so I killed the sale. Old schoolers know why I did that.

Yep. Putting a stick in a GN just doesn't make any sense to me. I guess if you want to be different than ok but there is no performance gain just more headaches. The young will never learn!

He swore it was the right thing to do and they should have been that way from the factory. The more he talked, the less I wanted to listen. You run out of rpm real quick on these things.

no there will not be any 5.0 badges. I thought about a subtle custom "5.0 EFI turbo" hood bulge emblem to replace the "3.8 sfi turbo" one but probably not.

Send Coach a message. He has been hard at work making custom quality badges.
I’m sure he’ll be willing to make you a custom badge.
Mention my name and you’ll get a good price : )

D

Don't forget the "Blowmasters"....GOTTA have that absurd sound to make sure everyone knows it's Moosetang powered.:rolleyes:

speechless! those t 5 tranny are junk back in the 90s I had a mustang replace 3 tranny. I don't know but good luck keep the pics coming

Lol! Hopefully the guy came to his senses and put an lsx in it.

Why .. either will still go faster than the Buick 6 ... and not much difference between a SBF and a LSX ... cylinder design is actually close ..
making 650 hp with a SBF on low boost is a joke its so simple .. and as far as cost its ridiculously cheap

Faster is relative. A 900 HP SII V6 is nothing to take for granted. There was a TTA on here for sale that easily made 850 and could be driven daily.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Faster is relative. A 900 HP SII V6 is nothing to take for granted. There was a TTA on here for sale that easily made 850 and could be driven daily.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Now your bringing in a SII car ... I guess you can bring in a Yates headed SBF and then 2000hp is a reality ... either way neither is what I would consider "DRIVER" material.
I supposed you can daily drive a top fueler if you really wanted to ...

I guess it all breaks down into how much $$$ you want to blow per HP .... the SBF with boost is still king ... the LSX is a close 2nd .. Either one would lay waste to the Buick V6 with any type of boost added to them.

You can hate all you want.. that's reality

Ford motors are not crap!... I am not a ford guy but I have some friends that have done some wicked builds with ford motors. 8 second turbo Ford Mustangs for under $20,000. Good luck with build.
Cross Dresser.