5.0 Ford 5 speed turbocharged GN build

hello people; I don't know much about Fords but they made a super charged T-Bird that I had my eyes on for a bit. What engine was in that? I also heard the bottom end was week and that kinda of turned me away.
IBBY

hello people; I don't know much about Fords but they made a super charged T-Bird that I had my eyes on for a bit. What engine was in that? I also heard the bottom end was week and that kinda of turned me away.
IBBY

They had a SC 3.8 V6 in the 80's and 90's and a OHC 4.6 V8 in the 90's. Don't know much about them other than that. I have raced against SC Birds before and destoyed them so it doesn't seem there is much HP there.

Back to the 5.0 GN o_O:confused:

IBBY
That car was a joke.. In 89 before the wife bought a new TTA we went out driving a lot of cars to see what she wanted. I really liked the car at the time BUT performance wasn't there at all. Corvette she couldn't see over the steering wheel. 300ZX turbo had a little better performance than the T bird . Then she drove the TTA.. That was the winner for her and me (raced the car for years every wed/fri and Saturdays. Damm that car took a beating).. ok back to the topic at hand.. Why not an LS motor ???

heres the comp box intake, gt40 spacer and valve covers on on.
as far as why not LS- i love the 5.0 motor , i wanted cheap and had all the parts already, i wasnt really concerned about off the charts power and it seemed like a fun challenge.

imagejpeg_2yyyyyes.jpg

no there will not be any 5.0 badges. I thought about a subtle custom "5.0 EFI turbo" hood bulge emblem to replace the "3.8 sfi turbo" one but probably not. It will have the passenger exhaust cut out and gn style exhaust though.
as far as slow, slowing the car down, etc etc--- well it should go ok and i wasnt planning on any more than a fun driver.

News flash - 5.0 motors go pretty good and hold up well. Been there a dozen times. Don't rev too high and they hold up fine. This is not a 600 rwhp build. 425 to 450 Hp daily driver. My goal is not the dyno or the track.

hello; There another guy here who put the buick engine in a mustang and the badging thing came up. I don't know how he made out or what he did but I'll bet it went like hell.
A turbo'd 5..0 I havn't seen to many off but you can put one on anything if your up for it.
Keep the pics comming as I'm sure you can do alot with that engine. Ford products and Mustangs seem to be forever.
IBBY

here"s an earlier pic of cutting opening in floor for shifter. Wanted shifter to fit nicely in a modified stock console so trans position was set first then motor

Attachments

• IMG-20121020-00434.jpg
    IMG-20121020-00434.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 427
new pic with intercooler in place. typical gn intercooler but with both pipes heading toward pass side

Attachments

• IMG-20130112-00646.jpg
    IMG-20130112-00646.jpg
    971.2 KB · Views: 410
I think I just threw up in my mouth . Lol. Good luck with the build have fun with it . :)

Dont go to Noble....you'll cancel out a win on either side of the tree!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

When I contemplated on selling my first GN, the buyer told me he was going to drop a manual in it. I told him I thought that was a bad idea. He insisted....so I killed the sale. Old schoolers know why I did that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4