4l80e ?

DiverDavies

Diver Davies
My mechanic told me a 4l80e is a 400 with overdrive . Can i put a stand alone controler and the 4l80e in my buick.. Will the motor bolt to the trans? What other problems will come up... Just a thought..:confused:

Yes,
You can install a 4L80E.
You'll need an adapter plate fro BOP-Chevy
proper converter
standalone controller or full manual operation
crossmember mods or custom crossmember
shorten the driveline
some floorpan clearancing on a G-body.

Yes,
You can install a 4L80E.
proper converter
shorten the driveline
How does it work? How much clearancing? Is it worth it? Thanks a lot..

Yes,
You can install a 4L80E.
proper converter
shorten the driveline

Hey Jake how is that Trans brake kit for 4l80e coming along?

Thanks
Prasad

With big stuff3 did you still have to buy anything from TCI? What gen is your BS3?

TIA

Prasad
BIG STUFF3 RUNS ENGINE AND TRANS. I LIKED THAT ALL IN 1 PCM . WHAT ENGINE EFI SYSTEM ARE YOU USING? TRANS - I OWN A REPAIR SHOP SO I BUILT THE TRANS. I USED HE CLUTCHES, REGULAR STEELS , HD SPRAGS , AFTERMARKET IN PUT SHAFT , CONVERTER- 9 1/2 REAR COVER 12 INCH 3 LOCK-UP DISK FT ,SALL 4000-4500 ,TRANSGO SHIFT KIT . I COULD TAKE SOME PICTURES OF THE CONVERTER . ENGINE AND TRANS IS OUT OF THE CAR DAN AT DLS:D HAS MY ENGINE.:cool: DRIVE SHAFT I USED A THICK WALL TUBE , HD PINION YOKE AND HD U JOINTS. COSSMEMBER SUMMIT HAS ONE I THINK FOR G BODYS WILL HAVE TO CUT TO ALLOW CLEARANCE FOR TURBO EXHAUST . CLEARANCE I ONLEY HAD TO CUT OFF THE EAR ON DIRVERSIDE OF TRANS. IF I CAN HALP I WILL.

theres a company over here sells plugs to plug in the box configured like this makes a stock 4l60E full manual most likely be the same for 4l80e operation

Attachments

• RVOManualizaPlug.jpg
    RVOManualizaPlug.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 553
I did a search under 4l60e and came up with this thread. I was thinking about putting a 4l60e in my car because I have one sitting around here. Im giong to be building a 92 firebird with a GN motor in it.

All I have to do is make this and supply power and ground, and make this box and I will have full manual control?

yip but your going to loose TC lockup ide say due to no connection on this plug going to the TCC solinoid.i dont really like the idea but it does work.

adding power and ground to the torque converter lockup solenoid would probably be easy, it could probably be wired up like a 700r4 would be wired up in a carb'ed hot rod or something.

what do you not like about it?...I need to learn something today.

Have you made this before? The schematic looks VERY easy, or am I missing something.

all its doing is linking the gear position wire to each solinoid turning them on manually from inside the box pretty simple .will be full line pressure shifts wooot it does work and if the TCC was wired up to work yeah would be great.im yet to try it but it is commercially sold so expect it too work

Where can these be purchased?. I can find a trans plug at a salvage yard and a diode anywhere.

This can also be used as a anti theft device as well, cut power to the plug with a hidden switch somewhere and Im assuming it wont shift out of 1st.