4l80e ?

So this is all you need to make the tranny work on its own you just have to shift it manually? Or am i reading this wrong...

so will this plug mod also work on a 4l80e if so is it the same wiring diagram? any help please :)

oh ok um so it does work but the wire colouurs are different or pin locations or something sorry to be anoyin just i have been mess'n around for a while and am lost on what to do

You can do it on a 4L80E using the harness externally. The shift strategy on the 4L80E is different so the wiring is different.

I'm not willing to give the information away on a silver platter, but I am saying it can be done.
If you are willing to study the shift strategy, electronics, and wiring of the 4L80E, you can figure it out, like I have.

i have had a few looks into it but cant find to much information i might just give up on this 4l80e and cut my losses just no one knows sweet f'a over here and have spend the money more than once trying to sort it :(

Unless electrons flow differently in your part of the world, anybody that can read an electrical schematic can figure it out.

i just had to get out of bed had a marvelous thought .we are building a drag car and have the 4l60e in as a mock up gearbag and are still deciding on 2 speed powerglide T350 or t700 swap to ditch the electronic box and the PG and T350 can be transbraked then it clicked i had forgotten about this diagram im thinking electronic transbrake :biggrin: lock 1st and 2nd with push button viola no moving anywhere.downsides are the boxes dont like taking off from a standstill hence why there isnt any brake options around but ill sacrifice a lamb in testing may work may just turn to bits of broken box on the ground time will tell .

thread highjack over as you were gentlemen :cool:

The 4L60E and 4L80E won't select two gears at once. Hydraulically it's made "safe" to prevent this.
You can block one hole in a 4L60E VB plate, and mod a shift valve and have it in 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd at once, but it won't hold. You MUST bring on the reverse input clutches to lock it and it's very difficult to do with the manual valve configuration.

Rossler has a transbrake for the 4L60E, but he goes in under the pressure switch. Workable method but requires a deep pan.
I'm working on one that is setup a bit differently.

keep me posted ide love to transbrake my T700r4 and a 4l60e its too hard to stall up in the stageing lights i keep pushing through the beams :biggrin: want to lock that sucker down solid .i hear that they dont like it but i have a few spares accumulating can at least kill one trying