4" MAF sensor/ MAF pipe

Hmmm, not certain why you guys are having idle issues. The pipe idled perfectly on my car with 6.24. The only issue was a very slight tip-in lean spot from a dead stop. Bob's newer 6.25 update cured that and the car idles and drives exactly the same as the LS1 MAF now. It runs great!

We found out that Missouri T's base setting in his Translator was not set at "9" which is the setting for the 4" maf pipe. So he's going to change that and see what happens.

Everyone should make sure the Translator is set up properly (BASE 9), then drive it around to see what the BLM's do. Also, I'll have to look closer, but is it possible the sensor can be put in backwards?

We'll get it straightened out!

Position 9. I need to get some DS readings. My car will idle but it's choppy and rough. Car definitely will not rev clean. I am not sure if it's the new pipe or something else until I verify everything tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks

I'll have to look closer, but is it possible the sensor can be put in backwards?
Eric, I don't think the sensor can be put in backwards.
Everyone; mine runs pretty dam good now with the 6.25.
I sented Eric and Bob my thoughts, I hope you guys check it out.
Thanks Bill

Hi folks,

Eric steered me the right way on the base setting (9) and the third switch setting (ON).
I'll post my results once I get a chance to drive it today.
I know that won't fix everything but at least it'll be driveable.

I'm hoping my 6.25 config. will arrive ASAP (Monday?).
I can't wait to get my car back to it's old smooth-running self.

Thanks for all the input, folks.
Bill

Put your previous set up on and then see how she runs! You did get the new revised chip for the translator, right? I had mine revised twice to no evail. Hopefully this will get worked out. I hate just having 200 bucks sitting on the shelf. It did look nice underthe hood :)

From what I am hearing my Tplus needs a upgraded chip. I asked about this when I ordered my pipe and was told that it was already installed so I was thinking it was in the new MAF sensor. I hope I don't have to take my car down for the upgrade. I just installed 72's, 70BB, ext DP and hotwired my injectors on a fresh motor. I wanted to get the car back running to at least get it on the trailer so that could remove the tranny and switch tranny's and stall. I may install all my 4" stuff so that I can at least drive to the shop. I am sure that the fix is in but I am like you, I sure don't want to have it sit on the shelf either. I am sure the folks will get things straight.

Yes you when you bought the maf pipe you are also supposed to have the current chip in your translator box revised to the current version 6.25 so that everything will hopefully work together. If you have not sent your chip in for revision this can't be helping your situation. With my car on base setting 9 I could not get the blm's + or - 10 from 128. The car keep adding fuel! Even when trying the lean setting . Can't remember now the # , maybe it was 7 or 8. Who knows maybe mine had a bad maf.

I just got back from a drive with the base at 9.

It drives WORLDS better but the idle still wanders/surges.

Under boost:
It's not fueling consistently.
I'd call it "lazy to fuel".
The highest reading I got was 715 and it's a slow climb to that.
Whereas before the intake the O2 readings would shoot up to 750-770 like clockwork.
Thus the EGT's ramp up a LOT faster than before.
So I didn't try any more WOT runs.

I know 6.25 works out the idle issue but how about the fueling-under-boost?

Thanks for all the input and help, folks.
Bill

I just got back from a drive with the base at 9.

It drives WORLDS better but the idle still wanders/surges.

Under boost:
It's not fueling consistently.
I'd call it "lazy to fuel".
The highest reading I got was 715 and it's a slow climb to that.
Whereas before the intake the O2 readings would shoot up to 750-770 like clockwork.
Thus the EGT's ramp up a LOT faster than before.
So I didn't try any more WOT runs.

I know 6.25 works out the idle issue but how about the fueling-under-boost?

Thanks for all the input and help, folks.
Bill

I'll assume, since you have the translator, that you have tried adding fuel via the MAF WOT switch to try and bring the fuel up?? Hopefully.

Bill,
It's possible the BLM's went a little screwy with the wrong base setting before. I would reset the ECM and let it learn over again. Remember on my chip, when you reset the ECM, the first time you run it, the idle will stay in closed loop which is a little less stable, but the BLM's learn faster. The 2nd time (and everytime thereafter) it will enable open loop idle and it should smooth out. Lets see where the BLM's settle out to at idle and cruise.
For WOT fuel, you might be able to increase the WOT knob inside the Translator box to get the airflow readings to rise faster. It will still max out at 255 with my chip, but it will get there faster, so the fuel should ramp up faster somewhat. Try the WOT knob at '5' (+10%) to see what it does.

Regards,
Eric

Everyone out there....
A big round of applause for Eric.
It never ceases to amaze me just how quick and willing he is to help.

I'll do all that and report back with my results.

Thanks again!
Bill

Woo Hoo!
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
Resetting the ECM did the trick.
Adding 10% fuel to WOT gave me oodles and gobs of fuel (820-840 at WOT).
I think I'll leave it there for peace of mind's sake for now.
That's not "too much" and I'd rather be fat and happy than lean and flirting with disaster.

BTW, I gained 1.5 lbs. of boost. :cool:

Woo Hoo!
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
Resetting the ECM did the trick.
Adding 10% fuel to WOT gave me oodles and gobs of fuel (820-840 at WOT).
I think I'll leave it there for peace of mind's sake for now.
That's not "too much" and I'd rather be fat and happy than lean and flirting with disaster.

BTW, I gained 1.5 lbs. of boost. :cool:

this is starting to sound good... ;)

OH you ought to hear that intake.
The car sounds like an F-18 when you're on the throttle.
To heck with the radio, there's plenty of audible entertainment coming from under the hood!

Man.... you got me wanting to re-do my cold air kit..... I wonder how a TE45A would do... change the compressor cover to an H cover..... 4" inlet.... 4" MAF pipe....

Now.... where can I get a H cover for my 45A? ... and how much does one cost?

Precision...$175. Ya gotta make sure the backing plate will work also.

Are you close to riding?

Well, here we go again.
Upon replacing my battery (due to a bad Optima), I lost that magic computer reset I talked of in my previous post.

It's back to running like crap again.

Take it from me (and from all the folks who've e-mailed and PM'ed me), DO NOT install the 4" intake/mass air with Translator Configuration 6.24.
All it'll do is serve you fits.
Wait for 6.25.

Man you still have not got that 6.25 in the mail yet?\\

If you need one here soon I have one i'm not using,if I can find it!
What are your symtoms with 6.24? Does it cut out and stumble when you get above 7-12 lbs and idle eradic with BLM #'s everywhere?