4.1 Pan gasket?

forzfed

Hey guys, in the past I have bought my pan gaskets from RJC but I am in a little bit of a time constraint. What gasket do you recommend for a girdled 4.1 production block?

Fel Pro OS13398C-1 or the high performance 1800 gasket. Both are cork. The RJC is by far the best, especially with a girdle and RJC oil pan. TA makes a good pan gasket too, but the RJC is thicker. RJC will overnight you one, I'm sure. Buy 2 in that case.

Thanks! Yeah, I might have to do that. It's not like I will be driving the car for the rest of the season.

45764d1501383926-apply-sealant-part-number-stc-50552-rightstuff2.jpg

And before you apply the jizz, measure the pickup to pan clearance. It took me a while to 'stretch' my pickup to get close enough to the pan to be right.

Earl, that is a given! I would never install without it. And for some strange reason the bolts that go into the cover need them as well. Twice before I had to pull those bolts and put the right stuff on to stop them from leaking.

I have had the same problem. When the front cover goes on with a girdle, the Right Stuff needs to go completely around the stud holes. It's still no guarantee because the front cover kind of slides on and the sealer can move.