4.1 production block
Stroked Eagle Crank
K1 rods
VE 4" pistons
224 billet cam
Girdle
Hard Blocked

As it grows.....

Stage 2 aluminum heads (one head just sitting on block in picture.)
Converted carbed intake
83 lb Siemens injectors

Yet to get....

S2 Headers
4 bolt Turbo (probably 76)
Downpipe

Attachments

• New Engine 4.1 small #2.jpg
    New Engine 4.1 small #2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 766
Very nice. You may want to up the injector with that setup, you do not have that much latitude with your injector duty cycle when you raise the boost unless you have alky. looks sweet tho, congrats.

Oh how I envy you. How much do you have in it so far?

Dunno exactly since the machinist was doing some other stuff for me and he combined the invoices. Plus I had originally bought a production style cam with hydraulic roller lifters. I switched my goal part way through and bought a S2 cam and solid lifters. I already had the S2 heads and intake. And those very secret VE pistons are expensive. :biggrin: I meant to type JE pistons.

This is a project to see if a production 4.1 can take some horsepower without breaking the block. And if it can't it'll be an expensive lesson.

Very nice. You may want to up the injector with that setup, you do not have that much latitude with your injector duty cycle when you raise the boost unless you have alky. looks sweet tho, congrats.

I had already bought the injectors when I planned this build with production style heads and cam. With the change to S2 heads I'd agree with you. Plus I see they now have 120 lb injectors which would have been perfect.

But what are we thinking....the injectors won't matter with the block in two pieces......:D

Stage 2 heads fit on a 4.1 block?

How?:confused:

Sure! Just some of the bolt holes will not have a hold down.
SII heads/block are 14 bolt. Production block is 8 bolt.

Cylinders on the 4.1 are large enough to accomodate the larger SII valves.

wow looks like mine

Im going pretty much the same route but im using gn1's and a stock intake. I have the JE pistions with teflon skirts and I think it powder coat on the dish, aghh I dont know what its called but its grey on top.

Attachments

• adrianne & lou's motors 002.jpg
    adrianne & lou's motors 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 689
I can't wait to see how much power it will handle. I have not put the power down on mine. Too afraid of it failing. I will not have the money to fix it for a long time. I run 93 and 19 to 20 psi. Have not loaded race gas in her yet, but if you make it live then I just may.

Have you taken it to the track yet? I'd be curious to see how yours runs. Seems like you have the good parts and pieces to run into the 9's.

Why don't you be guinea pig? :D

(I know Len of L.V. fame, who is apparently my grandson, is rich and will offer to rebuild yours if it fails.)

Yea, been to the track a lot. It runs very good. No slicks, not using the transbrake it will leave with a 1.85, and run 10.90 at 128-129. First, no cage. Second, no money to fix what it breaks. Go 9's? Who knows. I have a long list of parts that should get me there. But taking out the engine scares me to go try. I have spoken to Mike at FTS, and he thinks the block will not live. I have spoken to Merkel, and he thinks it will. Mike has been in game along time and has seen a lot of things. And every block is different. But they cost the same to replace. So I hate to say, untill I see it will most likely live, I will stay at this power level. Good luck and let me know how it goes. Thanks.

BoostingBuick.....

Let you know how it turns out....will do BUT

Our local track is probably not going to open next year. There's been years of stockholder court cases and allegations of wrongdoing. This year the court actually ran the track while it tried to sort out a bunch of legal crap. And I've heard they're not going to run it next year while they try to sell it. So God only knows when I'll get a chance to try it....lol.

Ted....I have my new S2 in my GN ready to go except the other day while playing with it I noticed the transbrake lets go and the car jumps about a foot at 8psi while still on the brake. So I'll have to put my spare tranny in it next spring. And then what....see above.

I also have my T-Type with my 2 years ago engine project in it and it's basically new. And then what....see above.

I have last years engine project still on the stand, nothing to put it in. And even if I did, then what....see above.

Come this spring I'll have this 4.1 ready to go. But what car do I put it into and race it where....see above.

So the conclusion is.....I am engine rich, car poor, and trackless. At least I still have my extreme good looks. :tongue: