350 or 200??

1fast6

Need some advice about my choices. As of right now the original BRF trans is on it's way out. 2nd gear is pretty much toast.

I have a BOP TH350 that also needs a rebuild.

Now here's where it get's tricky. I have a JW reverse manual valve body with trans brake for a TH350.
Also the stall converters are more plentiful (cheaper) than the 2004R's.

I also think it might be cheaper to build the 350 over the 200 to hold up to the power I PLAN on making.

As for drivability... it's a weekend warrior with an occaisonal road trip. I drove the **** out of my nova with a rmvb. so i'm not worried about that.

Basically it comes down to money and longevity. I am on a limited budget that's why I am
looking at the TH350 sitting in the corner of my shop.

This has been beat to death numerous times. Want a 350 ??? Do it !! Your car . I had a customers car with a turbo 400... Had reverse manual valve body.. I drove it around the block... NOT for me. To each their own. :cool:

looks like it's a 350... Just found one through a friend. fresh built th350, manual valve body, JW ultra bell, 10 converter. $400 bucks.

Do the 350 for now and start saving to rebuild the 200 down the road. If you don't like the way the 350 works in the car you can always drive it for a while and then change back to the 200 if you want it back.:)