305ci vs the ricers

Darth Fiero, your info is all fine and dandy but this guy doesnt have an m5 tpi 305. he does have an automatic carbed 305 thats in a car a little heavyier than a thirdgen. his combo as it stands will most likey run 16s on a good day. like i said dump the boat anchor overboard and build just about anything else.

wow, thanks for the response.
i have the GSX sticker still their from when i bought the car, never got around to taking it off. dot want to destroy the paint, and i dont want to just rip it off, and have that crappy sticky stuff on my car still.

BTW, my engine had the TPI, but the computer was trashed, and it wont fit under the hood. also, my air filter comes about .5 inch from the hood scoop.

my rear is a grand national rear, 87, factory 3.42's and posi.

as long as i dont lose to any ricers, ill be fine. i just want a quick, ricer eater. what do you think my mad horsepower and torque would be if i sticked with the 305? well, heres a plot for you:

would you let your 17 year old son build a 350/383? you just put a good year of work into a 305. thats what my problem might be.

how much could i sell the boatanchor (as you guys coined it) at a swap meet or something? how much would i look to spend for a descent 305/350?

so, is my car sad or no?

Be happy you have a car! Like I said before, I had a somewhat beat up '77z28 when I was your age. I beat that car to death, my buddies drove it, I put 30-40,000 miles a year on it for 3 years and just had a good time. At its best it would probably run low 15s in the 1/4 mile. Enjoy it while you're young.

Ask these guys how many hours of work they put into their cars. Its a lot. They are old and crusty and their wives wont let them leave the house so they are religated to bruising their knuckles on a car out in the garage that keeps sucking all the money out of them. ;) Keep the setup you have and spend the money on beer and girls!!

There is something to be said about having a beater car that you don't have to worry about all the time. I don't take my GN to a lot of places, because I don't want someone to put a door ding in it or steal it!! Enjoy your car, save up and throw a 50 shot of nitrous on it and have fun with that.

Then when you're done with school and are old and crusty like the rest of the guys on here, you'll have enough money to spend on a car. :D

whats beer?:D

say i was going to sell my car, how much could i get for it? 92K miles.

I just looked at your web page. Thats a nice looking car!!! Do some interior work on it and enjoy it. Thats much nicer than any car I had until I was 25 years old.

Last time I looked I think I saw an add that someone who owned a 305 was offering $25 for someone to come take it :)

As for your GNX sticker they auto body supply stores sell for $10 a decal removing eraser wheel that you attach to a drill. Just keep the drill moving so you don't burn the paint.

not just for the 305, i mean the whole car. i want to buy a real grand national, its almost been my dream ever since i saw my dad buy the car. he spend 1000 for the whole shell, and everything on it now.

BTW, its a GSX sticker. cant stand it myself. stands out like a fat thumb.

Dude, dont get discouraged! it looks like a real nice first car! i just dont like the idea of someone pulling up next to me(in a ricer) thinking i have a real GN and then getting killed by the cicvic, then they go on telling all their friends how they wiped out a GN! my first car was an real clean 83 regal, that was 12 years ago. i loved it dearly but i knew with its 110 mighty hp not to mess with any cars at red lights. then 2 years later i got an beautiful 84 t-type. dam i thought it was the fastest thing on wheels! i got in alot of trouble with it and sold it. i say keep your car as is, dont sink another penny into that 305 and save for a turbo v6 that belongs in there. it may take a couple of years on a budget but it will be worth it.

beer and girls, amen to that. i worked a month when i was 17, and bought a 90 cavalier z24, 3.1 5 speed for a grand in cash. and put 60k odd miles on it in 2 years, and spent about 5000 on just beer and playing during that time. i suggest just screwing off as much as possible, and not careing either way whos faster or has the better car, plenty of time for that later. and if someone beats you, just tell them you paid cash for it, and its paid off. then proptly drink a nice cold one in front of them to piss them off, cause they probably cant afford one. beleive me, i dont regret anything i did in the last 2 years, and now im going into the army, and growing up, so do what feels right, and dont second guess yourself