3 muffler system

Powder

Can anyone here suggest a local shop/person that can fab up a 3 muffler setup for me? I have a 2.75" cat back dual system with Hooker aerochambers and I can't stand the drone no mo. I'm thinking about using the shorter ultraflow because it doesn't have to be whisper quiet, just no drone. TIA

merle

Can anyone here suggest a local shop/person that can fab up a 3 muffler setup for me? I have a 2.75" cat back dual system with Hooker aerochambers and I can't stand the drone no mo. I'm thinking about using the shorter ultraflow because it doesn't have to be whisper quiet, just no drone. TIA

merle

try a local technical college like bates. i think that theres a race shop in fife somewhere as well.

Hey Merle! Hows it going?
Turbofabricator (Ken) designed a 3 muffler system for Dennis (2 Slow) years ago. I believe he had a 3 muffler system on his 9 sec race car as well, with no ill effects.
I know its a drive for you, but the shop next to C&D is pretty damn good. He did some minor work for me. Muffler King is the shop name. Hope this helps...:biggrin: -Steve

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was mainly trying to find someone that has done one so they know what's involved and price it accordingly. Time and materials scares me with a shop that doesn't know what they're in for.
Steve, I will check out the one you suggested. I've been watching for some posts on your car. Fired that motha' up yet?
Thanks again.

You should definitely send a PM to Turbofabricator. He put the system together for Dennis, who likes his cars to not drone!
I did fire and drive the car this summer- ran into an oil pressure/distribution issue a week before Turbo Thunder. So, the motor is out again (as of last Weds) and is headed back over to Chuck to diagnose. Perhaps I'll have better luck this summer...

You should definitely send a PM to Turbofabricator. He put the system together for Dennis, who likes his cars to not drone!
I did fire and drive the car this summer- ran into an oil pressure/distribution issue a week before Turbo Thunder. So, the motor is out again (as of last Weds) and is headed back over to Chuck to diagnose. Perhaps I'll have better luck this summer...

That really sucks!! I hope its something simple so you're only out the time and labor to put it back together. Chuck's shop does such a good job with these engines I can't believe they overlooked something. Keep me posted on what you find.
I will contact Ken about the exhaust. I wasn't aware he actually built one of these systems. Good luck on the motor!

Yes, I can build the system for you. You'll have to be patient, though. Kinda busy finishing a few things. PM me for my phone number. I can build it out of stainless or mild steel. The muffler in aluminized mild steel is a bit shorter and is easier to make it fit. (same design, though). Out of stainless, I have to cut the inlets off just to get a decent bend radius in there. It is a REAL pain to get the stainless Ultraflow in there. Very labor intensive. It would be nice if someone took their car to Stans Headers in Auburn after completeing the system to have them digitize the tubes and bend them up. If it was cheap enough they could sell a few sets. As it is, the cost of the complete system is prohibitive for most folks. But, Dennis has run 10.12 @135.29 through 2.5" three muffler sytem, and a 9.17@149 on a 3" version.
As a side note, I did not build the systems on Dennis' cars. One was built by Sean Obrien @ ESR, the other by "Roy the welder", neither of them are doing it anymore. I HAVE built a few of them though. Dennis is the one that came up with the concept, and Sean built it. This was after trying everything to eliminate drone. (he REALLY hates drone) We originally used an ATR dual system, then wrapped the entire stainless sytem from exhaust port to tail pipe. (don't really want to do that again:mad:) that didn't work. Then we installed a 3" muffler in the original cat converter position. That did NOTHING to stop drone. He tried mufflers from a big Riveria, they worked but killed power. The three muffler system did the trick. There are a few steps I left out on the quest to eliminate drone, but you gotta thank Dennis for sticking with it to solve the problem.

The system Roy built before he got sick was NICE The guy was a craftsman and he is getting better:cool: You gotta love Roy:D