Exhaust too loud need recomendations

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
So my new GN has 3'' ATR exhaust with a pitbull muffler, its too loud and drones way too much. My last car had a pypes dual exhaust system with the race pro mufflers I liked that setup it was nice and mellow. If i got a 3'' race pro muffler and put it on my single shot system would it sound similar to the duals ? If not can anyone recommend a muffle that will quiet down my system and get rid of the drone without hurting the performance too much ?

Sell the ATR system and buy another Pypes system. There is demand for the ATR systems; you won't have much trouble if it is in good shape. Search the board to see what they have been selling for.

I did consider that but from a labor stand point I just wanted to see if I could accomplish what im looking for from a muffler change first. Figured someone with this exhaust system has had the same issue as me at some point and maybe found a muffler solution, system is in great shape so maybe it will find its way to the for sale thread at some point.

Hands down, Pypes race mufflers. I bought the kit with the race mufflers and it is extremely quit. Even with no cat.

Yea i had the pypes kit before just wondering how it will sound with a single 3'' muffler. Maybe i will just have to give it a try, just figured someone has been down this road before seeing how this system has been out for so long

Dynomax Ultra Flow 17219 mufflers, a 3inch test pipe, and Pypes SGG50 cat back that comes without mufflers.

I just had this system put on my car at Richard Clark's Garage. PM your email address and I will send you a clip.....sounds awesome!

The ONLY way to eliminate drone is with a cross flow Ultraflow muffler behind the rear end. Labor extensive, but well worth it. I have tried THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars in experiments to come up with this solution. Search "Three muffler" systems on here. Anyone that claims their xyz system does not drone is tone def. FACT! I wish everyone was close to me to get a ride in Dennis Hogans 9 second t-type. Church mouse quiet at cruise, but wakes up under full throttle. His system is a 3" downpipe, and dual 2.5" pipes going to 2-2.5" Ultra-Flows and up and over to 1-2.5" cross flow and out in the stock location.
One of the things I have always hated about our cars is the sound they make. John Deere tractor. Now, remember, I have been building these cars since April 1988. Love 'em, but hate a few things about them. Exhaust drone is in my top 3.

Can any of you guys give me an idea of what my current system is worth ? It's in very good shape