3.8L 109 Long Block value???

cabech984

Hey all, I haven't been around the turbo buick community for a while but I have a 109 3.8L Long Block that I'm trying to get rid of and I'm trying to find what the market looks like for one that needs rebuilt(spun rod bearings). The rebuild has less than 10k miles on it(03/2007) and has been sitting on an engine stand for the last year since I went to LSx power!

Mine has;

109 Block (bored .030" 3/07)
Refreshed and resurfaced 1445 Heads, stock valves, 100lb springs
TRW/ Speed Pro .030 Forged pistons(stock dish)
Stock Turbo Connecting rods
Stock Main Caps
ARP Main Studs, ARP 2000 Rod Bolts, ARP Head Bolts
Stock oil pan and front cover w/ newer stock pressured oil pump

If anybody can help with pricing, I'd appreciate it. If its in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Imo, $300-$450 for a quick sale. $450-$600 if you sit on it and find the right buyer.

Imo, $300-$450 for a quick sale. $450-$600 if you sit on it and find the right buyer.

+1 If the block wasn't already .03 over, it would help. But to fix it right it will need some $$$ or maybe $$$$. I would disassemble, hot tanked(gotta get all the metal fillings out of there) and go from there, with inspection of all the components/parts. Depends on how much you can do yourself, as far as cost factor. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Chuck

Yeah it would be hard to sell the crank for anything if it's already .010. It will most probbly need to be at least .020 or more now to fix the journal where the rod knock occured. the rod(s) will need to be resized. Probably topped off with a balance if it hasn't been already. Pistons and block are the only thing worth anything imo. Being .030 hurts the block value. Virgin blocks bring $300 alone.

Hey all, I haven't been around the turbo buick community for a while but I have a 109 3.8L Long Block that I'm trying to get rid of and I'm trying to find what the market looks like for one that needs rebuilt(spun rod bearings). The rebuild has less than 10k miles on it(03/2007) and has been sitting on an engine stand for the last year since I went to LSx power!

Mine has;

109 Block (bored .030" 3/07)
Refreshed and resurfaced 1445 Heads, stock valves, 100lb springs
TRW/ Speed Pro .030 Forged pistons(stock dish)
Stock Turbo Connecting rods
Stock Main Caps
ARP Main Studs, ARP 2000 Rod Bolts, ARP Head Bolts
Stock oil pan and front cover w/ newer stock pressured oil pump

If anybody can help with pricing, I'd appreciate it. If its in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Are you saying the engine has spun bearings?