3.8 in mustang swap..need all details

1985GN

Breaking parts
hey guys im gonna be swapping a 3.8 into my buddies 1989 mustang notchback..i need the low down on everyhing im gonna need for this swap...does someone make motor mounts for this or anyhitng?? can i adapt his AOD trans to the 3.8 block? ill take it i need a custom DP for the exhaust which is no big deal...Front mount and all that will be custom..i just need a complete list of what i will need to make this swap work so i can start the parts collection..thanks alot guys

yeah i ran through all the archives im just looking to a detailed list of stuff im gonna need to do this swap...as you go along if you could post what you did for motor mounts and everything else it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Orange Buford.

This is a more recent pic of the thread stated above... it'll be out in the spring....... If you need more pic's or info contact me
UR50SLO@aol.com

Hope that helps, Scott~

He used a tubular crossmember and A-Arms. Engine mounts were HR parts Mounts and we made the bracket off the crossmember to attatch to it.

I can fill in more info in a e-mail...

Attachments

• Picture039.jpg
    Picture039.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 301
I am going to be talking mine apart soon, and may be changing the intercooler set-up so I may have a custom intercooler set-up for sale...(have a front mount set up on a 88 hatch.)

Like UR50SLO has posted, I bought the K-Member with no motor mounts and made my own because I wanted to set the motor back an 1". If you get the motor mount right you can use a TH 3" down pipe mine is a custom 3.5" from UR50SLO and it has about 3/4" clearance from the strut tower. You will need to go manual brake set-up though because the valve cover bolt in the back hits the brake booster and will make it a pain to remove the valve cover. As far as an intercooler I had two 87' GN intercoolers welded together side by side and a 3" inlet and outlet and put it behind the front bumper cover and cut a hole in the middles of the bumper cover and put a screen there and it turned out really well. But as far as parts there really insant to much to buy but a lot of fab work and making things is where it will be in this project.

You must realy be board at work :)

Here's another pic of Buick Camaro's Car

Hope to see more Hybrids this coming year at the Nationals!!!!

We'll be there!!!! :D

Attachments

• Picture037.jpg
    Picture037.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 225
so looks like i will be doing this swap faster then i expected...does anyone have any motor mounts that i can purchase for a stock k member stang?

flange

You get ready for the down pipe flange, give me a yell. i got some for the external down pipe. I'll send you some pics if wanted.