3.5in down pipe with external waste gate

THE WRAITH

Who as seen, used, or knows about the 3.5 in down pipe that Gn1 performances sells as well as TR custom parts. It has an external waste gate already on it. What brand waste gate is it? Can it be used with a CO2 set up if someone wanted to eventually graduate up to that with a boost controller? Any Feedback on this as well as pictures will be greatly appreciated.

I have a TR Custom Parts 3" downpipe with their 46mm external gate (I also have Mark's stainless headers). The gate works flawlessly. I control mine with a Turbonetics in-car boost control.

Attachments

• t headers 1.jpg
    t headers 1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 629
Don't know what brand they are. They look to be very well made, though. The welds on the downpipe are excellent. The flang is very thick. There is NO welding slag in the pipe or flange (same goes for the headers). The mounting surfaces, holes and ports line up perfectly with the supplied gaskets. Pictures don't do these parts justice!

Don't know what brand they are. They look to be very well made, though. The welds on the downpipe are excellent. The flang is very thick. There is NO welding slag in the pipe or flange (same goes for the headers). The mounting surfaces, holes and ports line up perfectly with the supplied gaskets. Pictures don't do these parts justice!

Many bolt ons leak, does this one?

No leaks. The main reason why I ditched my stock headers and THDP was because they leaked. I HATE exhaust leaks. My original plan was to go with TA headers, Turbonetics 45mm gate and appropriate downpipe. After spending a ton of money on my race car over the winter, though, funds were tight. I decided to go with Mark's headers, test pipe, DP and gate and save over 700 bucks. I'm glad I did. The headers, test pipe, downpipe and gate seal perfectly.

I'm so impressed with Mark's parts that I plan on ditching my Hooker cat-back and buying the stainless 3" cat-back next.

Yes, the 3.5" will clear the a/c. You may or may not need to trim your inner fender skirt.

i have a 3 in terry houston now. and it clears no problem, but this 3.5 may have different angle bends. Has anyone had to trim the inner fender?

Can CO2 be used on this waste gate? How is your boost controller controlling boost in your current setup?

I'd contact Mark and ask about CO2. My controller is a simple Turbonetics vacuum/boost controller.

Turbonetics Inc. | Home | Products | Boost Controllers | Variable Boost Kit, 25psi

Yeah, I have had a home made system like that for years, but it is going out the window. Thinking more of a AMS 1000 and CO2, and with the product support and knowledge of Cal Hartline, I expect nothing less than the best. I have talked to Mark and he doesnt know about co2 so anyone reading this board PLEASE REPLY with info.

We built a couple of 3.5 downpipes that clear the AC for two members here. We used a TurboSmart 50mm gate on both. The TurboSmart gate works fine with CO2. Worst comes to worst you could get just the pipe from Mark and send it to us and we could whack it up and install a TurboSmart gate for you.

You could always be the first to try it and let us know.;)

Thats fine if I didnt have to pay the price that everyone else had to in order to test it out!!!!! And if it worked great, he would find no better advertiser than myself, b/c I brag on those who deserve it.

Thats fine if I didnt have to pay the price that everyone else had to in order to test it out!!!!! And if it worked great, he would find no better advertiser than myself, b/c I brag on those who deserve it.

Which is exactly what I do. With the prices of stainless headers typically exceeding a grand, 45+mm wastegates exceeding $400 and stainless downpipes fetching over $300+, I decided to take a chance on the products that Mark offers. I got the headers, downpipe, wastegate and test pipe for around the same price of a set of TA headers alone would cost. I knew the headers were a proven design that worked well (they are a Kenne Bell copy and their headers have been well in the 8s since the early 90s), it was a matter of the quality of fabrication that I was taking a chance on.

Well, Mark isn't just a vendor for this products. He uses them on his own car and gives an honest assessment of their performance up front. That was good enough for me to take a chance, and I'm glad I did. The parts look every bit as good as other products costing twice as much, installed as easily as any other big-name company's parts I've had experience with over the years and have been performing just as well. Mark also supports this site which is another plus in my book.