3.5" Thdp?

Ryan87GN

Grill Master
Are there any people who run a 3.5 instead of a 3 inch downpipe on a car that runs 11's and slower? If so are there really any benefits of going bigger (3.5") with a mostly stock set-up car? Has anyone even put a 3.5 inch THDP on a car with a te44 turbo? Does it even fit with stock headers? Also I would imagine that it would hit the frame more than a 3 inch would. Does it help spool up or top end any (on a small turbo car)?

I am not going to a 3.5" as I am happy with my 3"dp , I would just like to have some answers on this subject for the sake of curiosity.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Ryan.
Although i do not own a 3.5 in DP i can tell you that in the combo u mention there will be no increase in performance. I have a single 3in TH DP which has taken me to a best et of 10.31. Im just now looking into upgrading. Until power gets to this point it may or may not be neccesary.The 3.5 will fit with stock headers.

I would Like to know does the 3.5" THDP fit ATR headers? I know you have to specify ATR headers when ordering the 3" pipe. But what about the 3.5"?

TIA

Frank

No it won't fit

Terry's 3.5 doesn't fit with ATR headers. Stock or Terry's headers are it. It won't help in the 11 second range but we found almost 50 HP gain in the 700 plus applications. Louie you don't need that big pipe you are to fast already. Hope things are well with you see you at the Nat's.. Dave