3.5 MAF Pipe?

DEL

Finally got the gas tank out of the TR so I can now make a complete list of parts.

Looking at the 3.5" MAF, but can't seem to find any 3.5" MAF pipes anywhere. I assume that my K&N will stretch to 3.5 but I will definitely need a MAF pipe.

Anybody have a suggestion on where to find one?

Also, I don't want to bite off a new set of injectors and a chip just yet. Will the Translator plus work ok with the Thrasher chip I have in there now?

The trans + and 3 0r 3.5 MAF will be fine, You just won't be able to reach past 255 reading from the MAF until you get an Extender chip.

The Pete Tomka hose works great with the 3.5" maf. The hose is also 3.5" and it uses and adaptor for the 3" inlet on your turbo.

You can use the Thrasher chip for now but the calibration will be way off so don't expect the car to run at its peak potential.

You will want to get the Extender chip ASAP if you go the T+ route as that's what makes the whole system work together as a package.

Originally posted by c&cgn
The Pete Tomka hose works great with the 3.5" maf. The hose is also 3.5" and it uses and adaptor for the 3" inlet on your turbo.

Clayton, thanks for the info. I checked out Tomkas site. I'd like to get a polished aluminum or chrome maf pipe if possible (Its all about the bling bling with me) :)

If I can't find what I want I'll go for the Tomka kit. Its only $69.00 and I don't have time (or skill) to try my hand at fabbing anything.

It sounds like I should get an extender chip for my wimpy 30# injectors. I hope to get some big ones in there before TT6...I'd also like to get some alky by then :eek:

One of my buddy's up here has a set of 009's he's trying to sell. Has several Red Armstrong and Joe Lubrant chips to go with them as well.

If you're interested let me know and I'll ask him how much.

Clayton,

I was going to hold out for some new injectors but if the price is right I might be interested. Can you pass along my number, or send me their info? (503) 632-5385