29k Limited..first offer of $12,500 gets car

I actually agree with much of the hype on the Limiteds, though the rhetoric may have been a little thick in this particular case. These cars are an incredible opportunity to stand out in a sea of black paint and grey bucket interiors.

BUT...

IMHO, there are two reasons the very sweet maroon car may not be moving quickly despite the great price: 1. The feathers ruffled on the board when it was bought along with the aforementioned heavy hype, and 2. More importantly-- the title situation apparently persists.

Bottom line-- you can't "skip title" and go back to MSO and a bill of sale. MSO was dead the minute it was titled in PA, and the new state plus NICB will flag this in a second and the new buyer is positively screwed. If the guy in PA never properly signed over the title, HE still owns that beautiful car, and not the seller.

There's a pink elephant in the room (garage, in this case) and the tired "want to keep it original, etc. etc." linguistic dancing needs to stop.

Fix the title issue, and you've got a $15,000 car EASILY.

Doug

Title issue is a BIG one!! I speak from experience. You dont transfer title for one reason, and one reason only. TAXES. If you want to flip the car, you dont want to pay the tax. Transfering titles with your local DMV will require you to pay tax on the purchase price. Since it was purchased from a dealer, I bet my left nut the price is what it is. Dealers do not play games since they have to account for everything at the end of the year.
So, the car I purchased had this same scenario...Title still under owner #2 since owner #3 did not transfer ownership. Had the car for 2 years like that. When came time for me to do title work, DMV did not go for it. 2nd owner had to transfer title to his name, pay tax, and then sign it over to me. Title issue needs to be fixed before the car is sold to anyone who actually wants to title it in their state. And I agree, this is a $15,000 car easy with proper title.

Clear up the confusion please, as this is coming from a member that could be a potential buyer:

-What is the status of the title?
........Is it signed by the previous owner?
........Are you listed as the buyer?

-Where are you located, what state and city please, state at minimum?

-If someone were to agree to buy the car, could you have it titled in your name so this confusing issue could be bypassed?
........Why haven't you done that yet, since that is the big drawback I am seeing?

-Why are you using "It's going into storage" as a threat, do you have time locked doors set for 2020?

Wow, this is getting interesting. I had asked for the VIN on this car as well as pics of the undercarriage weeks ago. Received neither. Now I'm getting a better idea as to why.......

JT

To be perfectly honest the car is a complete freaking steal at $12,500 and I do feel he will get that for the car. Do I think he paid that or more for the car? .......Hell no. Is it worth it?.......... Hell yes. So with all the drama and BS aside, the guy bought the car to flip, waved it in front of people like me who were very very serious about the car and had shipping quotes ready, the whole nine. Thats BS! That is a beautiful car and all of us know that, but you are limited to who the car is going to sell to and by pissing people off in our community, you have had a hard time selling it. Get the damn thing titled correctly and put it on Ebay for a Buy It now of $12,500 and it will sell. It's hard to sell something on Ebay thats not yours, especially when it comes to vehicles. Do it legally and do it legit. If you read every post from this guy, his only interest is how rare and valuable are Limiteds? Not doing much for the TB community but trying to drive up prices and put money in his pocket. Not trying to piss anybody off becuase I'm not that kind of guy but I agree with FlyinGN on his stance of these type of people. I buy and sell but as projects, and the fun of seeing changes and building and restoring but sometimes people go overboard and buy things only to sell in a month or two. I got screwed by someone I thought was a friend and his track record should have shown that to me. It's funny how FlyinGn has been right on target. Someone please buy this car when it has been put into this guys name cause it's a cool car for sure!

Wow...I feel like I am selling a GNX with a bad VIN here.....

Well Frank no pun intended.....it is just irrelevent to post something about the car when the original posts were a year ago and had nothing to do with a "BAD CAR" or the car was wrecked or anything like this...or I am trying to pull a scam here....I bought the car a year ago.. decided to sell it when I got it... the storage was an issue... a week or two after I was able to get the 4 car warehouse I have now.. I took it off of the board as being for sale and kept the car ... now my collection of cars has grown and I am interested in selling both this car and my blue one....I dont need money ....I cartainly am not selling a car that needs restoration or claim the car is any different mileage and condition then I stated..... it simply is a 29k mile Limited..... nothng less and nothing more...just the fact that at the time I did not have storage and then I did has absolutely nothing to do with this car...or that I was asking $16k after just buying the car... "would any of you sell a car that you just picked up and looked months for at the same price you paid" no way in hell..... so I kept the car......and damn this was a year ago... A LOT of cars roll through these boards for sale and a lot are cycled....allowing other people who really did not have an oppportunity to buy that car or to be able to own one ...to get the chance to now purchase that car.... this is what this board is about ... if you have a rare car like this... it is a show piece to interested people and people who would like to see pics of the cars, talk about the cars ,or get that chance to buy a car they always wanted without the hassle of searching the papers, ebay or the net... since all of us our Turbo fanatics and treat and respect these cars better then the average person who just bought one to drive around in as a common car.....to just know that the Limited that I have has been kept this preserved all these years and not abused is an awesome thing for any of us Turbo Buick fans.... we are all in the same league here guys.... I am not selling a Acura or SRT4 here... it is a great find and a great car....that hopefully over the years will stay as original and preserved to gain more in value.....And John I sent you the RPO for the car ... if you want the VIN... no problem.. the undercarriage has surface rust like anything else from up north...and if you want pics then you will have to wait until I get to a lift and put the car up and then send them to you... either way John this is a $12,500 car and the last Limited that was low miles went for many thousand then this....it is not a lot of money and the price is more then fair....infact I believe it is priced in the same category as a nice well preserved 70-80k Turbo T... or GN... amazing since the car is by far rarer in production numbers and real existance then most of the Turbo regals today......I keep getting low ballers and trades ..... look there is nothing wrong with the car... obviously and the car runs fine looks great .. has the original miles on it and 99% of the orginal parts... what more can I say.....oh and the offer of $16,200 was very legit and a deposit was in my hand... the only reason why I did not sell the car at that time was the buyer wanted me to get the car inspected for smog ... In florida we don't have this anymore and not for years...there was nothing I could do.... so the buyer pulled out....he was from Cali and I am assuming the smog laws are still in effect out there......anyway the car has not been seen by anybody and as original as the car is and as clean ....anybody who really wants to own this special of a car would buy it and not look back....

Fot the record I had a few people who at the time wanted this car when I did.. we have acknowldged this and the price I paid was $12,800 the exact listing price in the ad sent out on the forums by APPLE Auto.......the choice was simple... I can let it go or buy the car... after waiting almost 6 months beggin people on the board to sell one to me... I didnt hesitate.... now add in the shipping at $900.00 and you have almost $13,700 not including the storage.... so there ya go folks....now am I losing or winning on this one? the only loser is the one who really wants to buy the car and backs out and it gets sold .... and that chance of another one coming around is ages away.....

and to all the great members here who understand where I am coming from ... thanks I really do appreciate it

and to those who insist on haggling and finding issues with the past or present of this sale.... well it will be your loss when the car gets sold........

Title issues ...more answers to BS

The orginal title was given to APPLE auto and signed by the original owner releasing responsiblity and ownership over to them... then it was given to me signed by Apple.. now if i get it issued to me or if someone isues it to themselves it is the same thing......obviously.... if someone wants me to put the car in my name then they can have the title FROM ME...... no problem.. now the car will have 2 owners previous...and not 1 previous....this doesnt matter much but who knows.... anyway as for as storage ... that comment was made a year ago and the car is in storage now.. until someone buys it...... so anymore BS I have to answer or does someone want to buy the car .... damn

Oh and as for as pushing up the prices of these cars.... WOW.... i didnt know....I just pushed the sale of these Limiteds up a few hundred more dollars then there previous prices.... and to think after 20 years you can still buy one for the price of a 4 year old Honda Accord .....what a bargain... damn shame they havent went up in value where the low mile GN'S are now.....but damn you have got the wrong guy here... If I had sold it for the $16,200 wow.. I would of made a ****ping $3k...I make more then this before I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING...........you can take that comment out on the GNX sellers who thinks that their cars are worth the weight in platinum.... not me... ....i dont care about the money .... i like the cars... and they are hard as hell to find anymore........

well your wrong.. I could not care less about that car. And IF you knew me you would know that. But you don't... so don't ASSume you do..

Man i knew i shouldnt have opened my mouth, i just get too emtional when someone is trying to sell their car here.

Frank, i owe you a HUGE apology... Im sorry for my posts here and making a fool of myself. I honestly thought you were another member and got the 2 screen names mixed up. Awhile ago someone else started posting false information about a car and it turned into a nightmare for me here.

You cannot understand how bad i felt all day for making this mistake, i messed up and hope you can understand what i did was 100% my fault, im not going to delete my mistakes in this thread, i hope to grow up a little more.. :redface:

It hit me pretty good here about 10 minutes ago when i sat down and have now noticed, im the friggin idiot of the month.

Limited87-
You pointed out alot of things i didnt know and i should have known before i opened my mouth.:eek:

If anyone wants to kick me in the balls, nows a pretty good time to do so:eek:

Sorry Frank

BW

no way Bryan..... :) Your good in my book man.. I felt horrible that someone actually felt the way you did towards me. Im not like that and I felt mad that I opened my mouth! and was gonna delete my posts. LOL.. I have no bad feelings towards you my friend..:smile:

Thank you for not beating me up too much, i really shouldnt have done what i did...

Boy did this thread take a wild turn today.

Thanks for understanding:redface:

BW

Mark,

I left you a phone message, please call me at 205-486-0893. I am going to buy the car and just need to get some info. from you. Will probably ship DAS since it is so close to you. I look forward to doing business with you.

Shane

Hey Shane...

I called you back... I am in the west side of Florida now and My phone is not working well.... I will call you tommorow afternoon..

Thanks MARK

Guys He Bought The Car From A Dealer/ Out Of State.
The Dealer Was Last Name On Title. Its Very Easy To Title In New Buyers Name. Heck Im Kicking Myself In The Butt For Not Buying It And Putting It Back Up Here Next Week For 15k :)

Darn it.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with buying low and selling high, nothing, but you have a peculiar sales tactic, that's for sure, haha. :)