280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

Hey...maybe I can market an emergency roadside 1-man turbo regal fuel pump replacement kit....;)
:biggrin:
LMAO I replaced a fuel line clamp on my cutlass at a gas station right after I filled the tank to 3/4. I had no problem bringing the tank down but up was a real challenge the rocks would wobble the logs would roll it wasn't fun at all.
:D

These are great pumps, and I do have 1 avaliable for $150 shipped if anyones interested.
The Walbros are crappy pumps and sometimes are dead right out of the box.

Any updates?

My GN was popping up top at the track like an intake backfire around 90-100mph so it's time for the Denso since it seems easier to fit in the GN tank.

I'll probably put a 25amp fuse in the FP/INJ fuse block since it's a solid 16amp draw for this pump vs the Walbro.

I'd go the NA sender route if I hadn't already had Turbofabricator do a sweet -8 and -6 fittings on my current sender.

Because of the injectors possibly seeing too many amps?

I've been running a 20amp for years so I can leave it in I suppose.

I have the Hot Wire Kit in the car that already has a 25 amp fuse.

BTW, there is an Ebay guy selling the pump for $155 shipped, some Import cars are running the pump with good results. If you're not worried about knock offs then here's your best price new, shipped.
eBay Motors: 550HP Denso fuel pump,Supra,RX7,Silvia,EVO,Civic,WRX (item 110294540269 end time Oct-09-08 17:58:52 PDT)

If you are like me then you'll have to look up an Authorized dealer to make 100% sure it's a real Denso. China's knocking these off too and we don't wanna go there again. Here is the local Authorized Dealer link.
DENSO Aftermarket: Where To Buy - Automobile Car Parts

Here is an online Authorized Dealer I got mine from, Sparkplugs.com owns Densoproducts.com so both are authorized dealers.
Denso automotive parts available online at DensoProducts.com
Toyota Supra, Twin Turbo, 2JZGTE L6 3.0L, 1993-1998 MK4 Generation.

Here is a post on another board I found about the pump part #'s if anyones wondering.
"Denso kit# 950-0155 contains pump# 195130-1270. This is a 280lph pump, which is slightly beefier than the OEM# 195130-1020. Only slightly though. It's the difference between 277lph and 280lph on the spec sheet, which means around 258lph and probably 260lph in the real world (at 43psi)."

I have a N/A unit, I considered modifying to use a Denso. I'm going to wait for the weekend to pull my Walbro 307 & try to put the Denso on the hanger. Looks easier than modifying the N/A unit. I plan to put the N/A fuel level sender on it to replace the bad one in the TR now.

Update

So far runs good but bad news my trans is wounded so I cant do too many WOT runs before she goes out completely.
The Ebay guy does sell real pumps, I bought one and sent it back because the box was opened and missing the sock. I didnt want to take the risk. He argued with me a bit I stated my case to him saying "I dont do returned electrical parts" so made good on the refund + return shipping.
I wouldnt hesitate to get one from him just message him saying you want a sealed box.
I got my second one from Sparkplugs.com but they take like 2 weeks to deliver.
These pumps are great IMO, quiet and powerful I do recommend a to the pump wire upgrade.

Just installed the Denso last night.
I did not have to bend the lip of the tank.
It was was a TIGHT fit, with a lot less clearance than a mouse's pubic hair. :eek:

Had to back out the adjustment screw on the FPR about 1-2 turns to get back to 43 static.
The FP@idle also appears to be VERY stable.
I do not remember the pressure being this stable, even when the WB was new. :D

Great news Jerryl, I was not looking forward to bending anything and the static pressure change is crazy. Those Walbro's are just pathetic and it took us all willing to buy different pumps and get a vendor involved to get anything done. :(

I've been running a 20amp for years so I can leave it in I suppose.

Just let the std 25A-fused Hotwire/Kit handle the pump & stay w/ the factory15A fuse for the FP/INJ circuit/panel. If you don't yet have a Hotwire Kit--then please do so most expediciously. Continuing w/ the 20A fuse in the FP/INJ panel is your choice/roll-of-dice...

Just completed my new Racetronix/Walbro GSS340M/Kit installation & all's well upon start-up/normal driving. However, no extended trips or WOT blasts yet--I'm still gathering up my courage...:D

I just picked one up off ebay for $155 shipped and can't wait to try it out. I'm suspect of mine and figure I can't go wrong with a larger pump anyhow.

The two posts on the 280 pump are metric

M5 for the large one

M4
for the smaller one

Got stainless nuts and washers for it today and should have it in by Friday's tune before Saturday's dyno.

Need help ASAP!

For whatever reason I keep blowing the injector fuse??? I took the new Supra pump out of the picture, I've disconnected the ECM and hotwire kit, even hooked up the old Walbro pump and have checked all grounds. Just as soon as I turn the key on it pops a new injector fuse...with or without anything hooked up to it on the other end. I've used all amp fuses from 10-30 and that doesn't make a difference...does anyone have any idea WTF is going on here:confused:

For whatever reason I keep blowing the injector fuse??? I took the new Supra pump out of the picture, I've disconnected the ECM and hotwire kit, even hooked up the old Walbro pump and have checked all grounds. Just as soon as I turn the key on it pops a new injector fuse...with or without anything hooked up to it on the other end. I've used all amp fuses from 10-30 and that doesn't make a difference...does anyone have any idea WTF is going on here:confused:

Start a new thread on this .........
More focused responses. :cool: