255 LPH Pump-How fast on race gas?

SCOOBY DOO

BASED CANADIAN PATRIOT!!
How fast can you go on a 255 LPH pump with race gas and 60's on a stock stroke 109 with good flowing heads and a 6262? Pump and injectors are both hotwired.

Mid to high 10's, all in?

Without the actual calc's to back it up, assuming all the stars are aligned correctly, etc. Voltages will be critical to getting it done.

Btw, I'm working on a similar combo minus the heads & have gone 11.0 so far.

How fast can you go on a 255 LPH pump with race gas and 60's on a stock stroke 109 with good flowing heads and a 6262? Pump and injectors are both hotwired.
It depends on how much voltage you send to the pump and how high your base fuel pressure is.

im running 60Lb seimens and treperformance 255Lph external pump on an 88 3800 non sequential fueled version buick with 222@0.050 111LSA cam and 135Lb springs no other mods stock 300000km engine and heads LOL 43lb base pressure line off engine idling 70-75%D/C at 21 psi 11.0@124MPH 0psi launch of the brakes no transbrake on the full old length 1/4 mile 3200lb car 3.45 gears 26" tyre 110/130 avgas. i run pretty lean compared to what i read people running on here at 11.7:1 14 degrees timing 6800rpm limiter no meth injection just a $150 china 300X450X76 cooler 40-45 degree C max inlet temps GT3582 copy with 0.82 twin scroll turbine housing on a single scroll flanged manifold.also runs the same dutycycle on a holset H1E just stepping upto holset HX52 65mm with bigger rear for more flow and less backpressure due to adding boost from 18-21 psi gaining us nothing on the strip.i think we are getting close to the pumps limit but dont log fuel pressure have actually never even logged it at the track its just street tuned and i keep a good eye on D/C

Last edited:
I'm running a 255 lph pump, 60# injectors, and a jb 6262. Accufab regulator, hotwired. 'Bout a million other little things.

My best pass is only an 11.61 @ 20 psi. Unprepped track, 24 psi in 275 Mickey DRs. Launched at 0 psi (stall) and spun hard on the front end of the track. MPH'd close to 124. 60' in the 1.5-1.6 range would easily have me in the 10s.

15.1 volts...and 43 PSI line off.
Is this 15.1 volts observed on the Scanmaster? If so,you'll see more at the pump typically. This should supply a 500 hp motor with plenty of gasoline. If you want to make more power with the same pump and injectors,send more voltage to the pump,during WOT operation,and increase base pressure. As an added benefit,the extra pressure will atomize the fuel better as it leaves the injector nozzles.

Is this 15.1 volts observed on the Scanmaster? If so,you'll see more at the pump typically. This should supply a 500 hp motor with plenty of gasoline. If you want to make more power with the same pump and injectors,send more voltage to the pump,during WOT operation,and increase base pressure. As an added benefit,the extra pressure will atomize the fuel better as it leaves the injector nozzles.

15.1 via PL at WOT.

Kevin, I swear I read that Eric said 10.5X would be as far as you could stretch the 60's with race gas. From the IDC number I'm seeing on PL from that 7 flat run, I'd say he's pretty close.

Thanks so much for your input.:)
Your welcome. The most important thing you can do is monitor fuel pressure and a/f ratio. They mean everything. When you start to see pressure fall and a/f ratio lean out,from what it should be,you have a fuel delivery problem. If replacing the filter doesn't solve it,you have to send more voltage to the pump then raise the base pressure. If more voltage doesn't help,you need a bigger pump or a second one. You don't necessarily have to buy bigger fuel injectors to make more power. If you increase the volume of fuel supply to the injectors,you can raise the base pressure and flow more fuel volume through the same size injector nozzle..

The time in my sig is from last year...with alky at 28 PSI. I'm up here in Canada...so last winter I upgraded from a SLIC to a large FMIC...110 race gas with a matching 5.7 chip frpm Eric. I also handed my heads to my machinist...and he worked his magic on them. Last weekend I ran 7 flat at 102...on 23 PSI. If MPH is indicative of HP...then I;m making the same HP with 5 lbs less boost. Should I run dry on fuel after following your recommendations...would jumping to a larger injector be the best idea...or would you suggest a 340 LPH pump?

The time in my sig is from last year...with alky at 28 PSI. I'm up here in Canada...so last winter I upgraded from a SLIC to a large FMIC...110 race gas with a matching 5.7 chip frpm Eric. I also handed my heads to my machinist...and he worked his magic on them. Last weekend I ran 7 flat at 102...on 23 PSI. If MPH is indicative of HP...then I;m making the same HP with 5 lbs less boost. Should I run dry on fuel after following your recommendations...would jumping to a larger injector be the best idea...or would you suggest a 340 LPH pump?
A single large pump will overwhelm the fuel return line. For this reason I like running two pumps.The Red Armstrong double pumper flows a lot of fuel and has a long history of reliability. I would always buy more pump first and run at higher fuel pressure. Then get larger injectors if needed.

Monitor fuel pressure at WOT. If the pressure is stable, then you don't need more pump.
DC on injectors is a whole other issue.. if thats going past 90.. you need bigger injectors.
Apples and oranges.
How fast.. till pressure starts dropping off. Mid-upper 10's typically on race gas. On a meth kit, have seen a few upper 9's on a 255 but the meth kit was providing the additional fuel.