25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Trans Am Build

S2V6RACER

Banned
Here are some pics of the new project. It was a tough decision to let the TSO car go, but I could not justify anymore the ridiculous money spent sustaining the V6 to maybe only run a couple tenths faster and the declining car count at the events didn't help. I picked up a nice Trans Am WS6 roller unfinished down in North Carolina and the project has been started. The car is at Stenod Peformance getting fabrication work done, they are doing a fantastic job and have been a pleasure to deal with. We are planning on racing at Milan in the heads up Friday night series which is once a month and about a hour from my door.

cameraphone121610240.jpg

Racecraft front suspension.

cameraphone121610202.jpg

I decided it was going to have to have a passenger seat so we fabbed up the mounts for a passenger as this car is going to be driven to car shows also.

cameraphone121610220.jpg

Custom removable twin chute mount...

cameraphone121610232.jpg

Doing a little work under the hood removing unwanted metal and patching up the firewall.

cameraphone121610245.jpg

cameraphone121610255.jpg

I picked up new engine plate and it is going to be installed next. This plate is designed for the new RHS tall deck aluminum block which has a raised cam. It will be a 454CI LSx engine breathing through a set of All Pro heads, solid roller cam with a 118mm single turbocharger, BigStuff 3 engine managment and a (of course:biggrin:) a Twisted 6 PTC bolt together converter putting the power through a Rossler 210XHD transmission.

lsxengineplate1.jpg

lsxengineplate2.jpg

lsxengineplate3.jpg

damn, this is going to be a sick build! Nice platform to start with for sure. I like how the front bars come through to the engine bay, and parachute mount. Very nice work!

Wow, that looks like a sick project Ted!:eek: Considering you are looking to race in a competitive HU class like the Outlaw Radial stuff it only makes sense that you would build a V8 car and a 4th gen F-body powered by a turbo LSx is a great platform for it. I'm sure with what you have learned racing these Turbo Buicks the transition to the turbo V8 will be easy and you will be flying in no time! Good luck with the project and please keep us updated with your progress.:cool:

Very nice.

Have you purchased the Big Stuff 3 yet? If not, take a look at the Holley EFI Dominator setup. Cheaper and more complete from what I understand. The Big Stuff 3 gets pricey.

Holley EFI

Very nice Ted, I know that anything you touch is gonna be detailed to the 5th power. Can't wait to see it all complete. Maybe i should send you some diapers for X-Mas so you don't soil those new seats when you finally get to feel the power!!! :biggrin:

Good luck my friend

Looks good Ted, Jeff was telling me it was going to be killer!! Going to take my car down to stenod to do some testing on it, after I make some changes. I will give you a call when a date is set.

Nice Ted. I understand how you feel and am looking as well and have something in the works. 74 Stingray vett, 632 cubs, dual fogger 400 each,800hp total, for some mid 7's on 10.5's at 3485 #'s, hopefully. I will eventually put a blower on as well. Good luck and cant wait to see this beast.

Glad to be working with you on the converter. We're gonna show those guys what's up:biggrin:

Dusty, I think I am the one who should be glad you are working with me. It's guys like you, Mike Licht, Stenod who are doing their part to help out that is making this project worth while. I appreciate this more than words can say.

Very nice.

Have you purchased the Big Stuff 3 yet? If not, take a look at the Holley EFI Dominator setup. Cheaper and more complete from what I understand. The Big Stuff 3 gets pricey.

Holley EFI

I kept the BigStuff 3 from the TSO car and it will be running the LSx. I believe there is talk of a integral boost controller in the works so I am looking forward to that as a option. I'll be sure to post up here about it as the information comes available.

Nice car man! Wish it was a bruick but I still like it:wink::biggrin:

Did you come to NC to get that? I caught the sticker on the back...

Nice, looking ride. Can't wait to see you out there playing with us at the Milan Friday night events hopefully the Ohio Boys are sharing a lot of there knowledge if so that will be a bad ride. :eek:

Jeff Jr.

Nice, looking ride. Can't wait to see you out there playing with us at the Milan Friday night events hopefully the Ohio Boys are sharing a lot of there knowledge if so that will be a bad ride. :eek:

Jeff Jr.

I did meet Mike and I have been talking with Mark via e-mail. They seem like a couple of class "A" guys so maybe if I get lucky I can park within a couple hundred feet of them, or even you guys Jeff, since I'm the new guy I expect I'll have to park out in the grass. :eek: