25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Trans Am Build

LOL, they move some serious air. :eek: ;) Kurt gave me the numbers and they are sick. They are a proprietary CNC job with special attention to some areas for our application. Dealing with Kurt has been something up to this point I never thought possible, he spends a lot of time with his customers when they are at the shop teaching why he does what. Some of the projects he has going down at the shop (going overseas) make mine look like a stock block build so I have no doubts his work will be all it should.

Kurt is supposed to be the man when it comes to building high horsepower LS based motors. I remember when he was with W2W they had the first 6 sec LS powered car with Mike Moran's old "Casper" 4th gen Camaro. Sounds like your in good hands!:cool:

Yes, I remember reading that write up. Kurt can tell more stories about projects in the past than you can imagine. He is very tight with big names in the business and has a long history with them.

Looks real nice. All Pro makes some sick stuff. Most people don't even know of them. I had a set for their 13 degree heads for one of my projects. Unfortunately I sold it before I finished. If I remember right the engine did end up making around 2k hp with twins on it.

Good luck with it.

Anything new on this build?

The build is going back into full speed. I expect to get some good pics up in the next week or so and then the car is going to paint. Kurt Urban ended up getting a RHS block pulled off the line before heat treat and machine and ended up getting some custom work done to it and it was returned to RHS for heat treat and machine work a couple weeks ago. The pistons came in as well as the Bryant crank so we have everything to finish up the engine at this point and expect it to be sitting in the car by late April.

The Rossler 210 XHD trans is on the freight truck and Dustys new trick stator is ready to go in the converter.

Love the new car
What does SR. think of all this ? he shaking his head a lot? :biggrin:

Looking forward to more Pics. and VIDEO!!!!

Thanks for the TSO memorys Ted. Great Job

The wiring system came in today... Thanks to Brian Black for stepping up and helping out with the project, it is amazing how many people are taking a interest in this project and helping out!! The custom made 8 switch panel roll bar mount is not pictured and is every bit the quality you would expect.

01-04.jpg

01-05.jpg

01-02.jpg

Love the new car
What does SR. think of all this ? he shaking his head a lot? :biggrin:

Looking forward to more Pics. and VIDEO!!!!

Thanks for the TSO memorys Ted. Great Job

He is shaking his head a lot. :D You know him very well. He was very upset to see the Buick go but he understands that it doesn't make any sense to continue and spend 2800 HP money for only 1600+ HP worth of return.

only 1600+ HP worth of return.
Only 1600+HP?
Curious, how much of a cost difference is there between building this and the Buick Stage II?
I am going to be plating mine soon as it well be more of a street car then a race car this year......

Only 1600+HP?
Curious, how much of a cost difference is there between building this and the Buick Stage II?
I am going to be plating mine soon as it well be more of a street car then a race car this year......

To build a 1600-1700 HP LS based engine it will cost less than a Buick stage II v6 and just about every part to get it done is sitting on the shelf. Finding a competent engine builder who's labor charges are more realistic is not a problem. :eek:

He is shaking his head a lot. :D You know him very well. He was very upset to see the Buick go but he understands that it doesn't make any sense to continue and spend 2800 HP money for only 1600+ HP worth of return.

As much as I loved your car I can see the same things, not to mention the car count for the DR class is a little bigger.

I only hope you decide to travel a bit this summer...

Those are Deutsch Connectors that will connect the harness, Very Durable
and resistant to heat and vibration., The trucking industry has used them for many years.

Very well done... Awesome. Whatever that cost you got your moneys worth...

Top notch as usual Ted, can't wait to see some pics of the car as it gets closer to completion.