Cme2fly

WH1 driver
What kind of power can I expect from this cam:
DURATION @ .050 .214 I .214 E
LOBE LIFT .317 I .317 E
LOBE SEPARATION 110
ADVERTISED DURATION .263 I .263 E
GROSS VALVE LIFT .501 I .501 E...523 with a 1.6 rocker

supported by a stroker 109, chapman ported M&A heads, 70 s-trim.

I was leaning toward a 224/224 but, I got a good deal on this cam..figured I would give it a shot.

Why a solid roller?? With those specs I don't think solid lifters are needed.

Why a solid roller?? With those specs I don't think solid lifters are needed.

Why not? I've had hydraulic rollers in the past..looking to try something new. I know this is a nine second cam just curious what kind of mph to expect.

Over 800hp if you run it like it wants to be run.

That cam ought to run like an animal with your turbo and heads. You might need 3200-3400 stall speed to spool.

A word of caution: Be careful running a solid roller cam in a 109 or Stage 1 block.

Most solid lifters (Comps, Isky, etc) will uncover the oil passage drilled through the lifter bores (at max lift). If that happens, you get a major drop in oil pressure and starve the bearings.

Crower makes a special shielded foot lifter solid roller lifter that prevents this from happening.

This is not a problem in Stage II blocks. That oil passage runs outside the lifter bores in S2 blocks.

What are you going to run for springs? You can step up in seat pressure with solid rollers:biggrin:

Why not? I've had hydraulic rollers in the past..looking to try something new. I know this is a nine second cam just curious what kind of mph to expect.

Just curious...My 218/218 has similar lift as your 214 and it's hydraulic.

That cam ought to run like an animal with your turbo and heads. You might need 3200-3400 stall speed to spool.

A word of caution: Be careful running a solid roller cam in a 109 or Stage 1 block.

Most solid lifters (Comps, Isky, etc) will uncover the oil passage drilled through the lifter bores (at max lift). If that happens, you get a major drop in oil pressure and starve the bearings.

Crower makes a special shielded foot lifter solid roller lifter that prevents this from happening.

This is not a problem in Stage II blocks. That oil passage runs outside the lifter bores in S2 blocks.

What are you going to run for springs? You can step up in seat pressure with solid rollers:biggrin:

I am aware of the oil passages..I'm running Crane shielded foot lifters. I'm running a BBC beehive valve springs. Thought I would have it ready for Reynolds but not going to happen this year. :)

I'm curious myself..seems that no one will talk about running a solid roller. Must be top secret.:D

I just think no wants to deal with the noise, or possibility of setting off the knock sensor with a cam so small...I know there are several out there, but they are all really fast cars with larger cams.

Only advantage I know of is the possibility of running much higher spring rates but how does that help if the cam doesn't need a serious spring to keep the valves under control??? Obviously I don't know your setup, but how hard do you plan on spinning this thing???

I just think no wants to deal with the noise, or possibility of setting off the knock sensor with a cam so small...I know there are several out there, but they are all really fast cars with larger cams.

Only advantage I know of is the possibility of running much higher spring rates but how does that help if the cam doesn't need a serious spring to keep the valves under control??? Obviously I don't know your setup, but how hard do you plan on spinning this thing???

I plan on spinning it North of 6800..As for springs, I'm trying out a new beehive made by PAC. My machinist seems to be impressed with PAC's beehives. I'm not to concerned about the knock sensor. A properly setup solid roller shouldn't make anymore noise than a set of Comp hydraulic roller lifters.:rolleyes:

I plan on spinning it North of 6800..As for springs, I'm trying out a new beehive made by PAC. My machinist seems to be impressed with PAC's beehives. I'm not to concerned about the knock sensor. A properly setup solid roller shouldn't make anymore noise than a set of Comp hydraulic roller lifters.:rolleyes:

You will likely be making peak power around 5500. By 6800 you will be so far past peak power you will be giving up a bunch of e.t.

Only other thing with a solid roller is that you will have to adjust your rockers allot which can become a pain in the butt.

I've gone 10.10 with a solid roller. Can't remember the size as it's been years ago.