204/214 Speed pro

JDSfastGN

Anybody that is considering a speedpro 204/214 camshaft I highly recomend it. It sounds and feels completely different than my old camshaft (208/201). It has a lot more lowend and the topend pull at 1/4 throttle is unbeleivable. I am being nice to it for the recomended 500 miles. But overall everything with this cam, just flat out seems to work better. It idles smoother, has more throttle response. Just wanted to let yall know how I like it, because I know its one of those controvertial cams that some love and some don't like the idea of. Have a good Thanksgiving

Yeah maybe RED. I think they are starting to catch on. I keep reading about more and more people running them with great sucess. My dad is gonna take his out of the 85 listed below and put one in the 86 when it comes time for its rebuild as well. RED do you know of anybody that has wiped a lobe on one of these cams? I have never heard of one going. Thanks a lot for all the info you have provided on this cam, you are why I decided to try it. Oh and the Sealed Power lifters work great as well. They are just as quiet as the stockers.

Is the 204/214 the highest lift/duration dual pattern cam offered by Speed Pro?

Thanks to JD & Red!!

:)

Great all round cam for our Buicks !! Sealed Power Part # 194/204(EP1) - #CS-112R , 204/214(EP2) - #CS-1016R . You can pick up both grinds but they are from "Elgin" . at www.hi-performance.com for the same price in CDN dollars .

If Im not too bloated from all the eatin' tommorow Im hoping to get my Speedpro in this weekend :D.

I think Reds should be getting a cut from Sealed Power and/or Northern Autoparts!

P.S. JDSfastGN, did you degree the cam?

I am using this cam and like it alot. Red's is why I have it. Thanks Red. My car went 12.83 @ 110 mph with it on street tires with a 2.18 60 ft time. I was using alky and 91 octane pump gas. I did not raise my boost or take the tools out of the trunk. The car was just like I drive it on the street. The car pulls really strong on the top end. As you can tell I am very happy with it. I know that if I can get the car to hook at the track and do the things that I should do it at the track I would be in the 11's. Not bad for a heavy car with a V6.

Originally posted by Two Lane
Is the 204/214 the highest lift/duration dual pattern cam offered by Speed Pro?

Thanks to JD & Red!!

:)

204-214 is the biggest one in my speedpro book

Not a Sealed Power but Schneider make a 208/224. This is the one Lee Thompson likes. I had one and sold it. If and when the 4.1 goes in I may give it a whirl again or get a duplicate in a roller.

Just got mine today, hey 6SENSE mayby betwwen the to of us one may get installed next couple days.
cheers

Hey red

Where did you guys get your cams could you give me some info and what lifters did you guys run,also do any of you guys got before and after results.

randy

Does anyone know how this cam would work in a N/A 3.8, or in a 4.1. I want to put a motor together for my project and need to get info. Thanks

I remember in 1999 I put this cam in my car.the reason was it was the closest cam I saw that mocked the stock profile.The comments went from it wont work ,then OH thats backwards,then I went some 10.80s to just think how it would run with a good cam .to this now .Its funny how you watch things unfold.Those bluetops were junk too!

so it mocked the stock profile, was that for a Turbo or a N/A motor? I want to build an N/A because right now a Turbo swap and my wallet don't mix!

Originally posted by 79bird
so it mocked the stock profile, was that for a Turbo or a N/A motor? I want to build an N/A because right now a Turbo swap and my wallet don't mix!
It should work fine. Actually the N/A route was more for its intended use. Just so happens it works well in a turbo application. Go for it!

that's good, I will probably go with a 3.8 for the first motor, I have a '79 Sunbird and the motor is a drop in. In the meantime I'll be looking for a 4.1 to build up and if the cam will do the job then ok.

Originally posted by southern boost
Hey red

Where did you guys get your cams could you give me some info and what lifters did you guys run,also do any of you guys got before and after results.

randy

northern autoparts for me and sealed power ht 969 lifters

no before and after for me I chose it from the start.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Last winter I got my engine from ESP and it has the 204/214 cam in it. But last fall and winter there were alot of posts about this cam. And not many were in favor of it. I like this cam,but I'm not a pro. And would recommend it. It's kinda went full circle. :cool:

I had the Edelbrock 204/214 and the Schneider 208/224 before and sold them to the same person to get the 206 roller for the 3.8. It is done so tonight I ordered a 214/224 for the 4.1. I paid something like $135.00 for just the 208/224 from Schneider because it isn't an off the shelf grind like the 204/214 or 214/224. This 214/224 is similar to all the others with this profile and should work as good if not better. Best part is $69.00!

Get them here:http://www.flatlanderracing.com/flatlandercambuick.html