2018 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational

Hey, Hey, Hey...look who's proudly representing...
20181101_162747.jpg

20181101_162828.jpg

Car looks great.
But how'd you get that "Cobra Jet" car number?? Just seems so wrong :eek::rolleyes::unsure:
Good luck in the competition events!

Event wrapped. I’ll have a longer write up of the week once I get back home, but I finished 67 out of 100 registered.

Very much not last. At this level. As of right now, the 67th most awesome street car in the nation is a Grand National from Kentucky.

Great Job :cool:
nice work on the running Instagram pix and commentary as well...
I'll refrain from my laundry list of questions and will look forward to the full write-up.
Travel safe :)

Event wrapped. I’ll have a longer write up of the week once I get back home, but I finished 67 out of 100 registered.

Very much not last. At this level. As of right now, the 67th most awesome street car in the nation is a Grand National from Kentucky.

gotta feel good about that and that the trip was well worth the effort. I'm sure there are some competitors who need more time to accept they got spanked by a GN - simply wonderful.

Dood... That brunette was diggin' on you... Or your car. Either way.

Did you get her number?

Those ladies were paid to flirt with us.

Plus I didn't need her number. My girlfriend is way hotter than she was. And smarter.

Those ladies were paid to flirt with us.
Plus I didn't need her number. My girlfriend is way hotter than she was. And smarter.

Sounds like a "Win-Win" situation :D
Thanks for the videos... I was unsure of exactly what "Speed Stop" meant - now I think I've got it. I'll continue to follow the blog - very good reporting!
Nice smooth drivin' there:cool:
Did you have any further trouble with the car quitting after that one episode?

Sounds like a "Win-Win" situation :D
Thanks for the videos... I was unsure of exactly what "Speed Stop" meant - now I think I've got it. I'll continue to follow the blog - very good reporting!
Nice smooth drivin' there:cool:
Did you have any further trouble with the car quitting after that one episode?

No. Eric looked at the logs and found a lost cam sensor sync. I have my TR6 set to shut down the motor if the cam sensor signal is lost, so it actually behaved exactly as it should have. Eric suggested bending the contacts in the ignition harness to make sure they make better contact. I'm letting the car sit for a bit before I head back out and start messing with it again. I have to fix the fan wiring permanently, those cam sensor contacts, and figure out a way to get another 3 degrees of caster out of the front end.

Thanks for the 2nd edition. I'm holding my questions until the end :rolleyes:
I keep tryin' to fire that "Murphy" guy... but no luck. I see he works with you as well :unsure::eek: