2018 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational

Turbo6inKY

Short Guy
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Well, I made it.

1539052621380.png

Been a pile of work, but I made it. Stay tuned. The car will be on display at SEMA October 30, and the event is November 3-4.

That's awesome!! Wow, what an accomplishment! You have worked very hard and deserve it!!
I can't wait to see what ultra mega cars you blow away. (I'm living vicariously through you, as if you couldn't tell. lol)

Fantastic - go get 'em! Good luck out there.
Please also post up some SEMA pix... that has got to be a great feeling to be displaying there :cool:

Great job!! We are all proud of you. Now go and kick some butt in that Buick ;)

Fantastic - go get 'em! Good luck out there.
Please also post up some SEMA pix... that has got to be a great feeling to be displaying there :cool:

I'll try to act like a millennial and keep a running tally. Keep tabs in here and I'll post my Instagram feed link. I'll also do a full write up on my blog once I'm back.

Just a few days left before I head to Vegas, figured I'd drop this here. It's from the SCCA CAM invitational this past August.

1Js2o-jFiJckT6K8rOzXMTymttfAhQafo_D97K0zDCEKN6D-Xi-Get9f811XZxXeBjgeGeNPkFiOChlB2d35v2OBK2GxAE9AuNV8cgIf0mpQag3wv9c7KRExhICCWXAp_0G0fvhPL1E=w2400

Prep has been pretty subdued. I replaced the Strange C-Clip eliminators. They'd worn in and I had some slop in the axles that resulted in annoying knockback in the rear brakes. That's fixed. It goes to a pro for detailing and paint correction Tuesday, then the sticker package goes on. Thursday we'll load it on the trailer and saran-wrap the car, and Friday we head out.

Keep tabs on Instagram @andrewdscott12. I'll be using that for initial posts since it cross-posts to Facebook and Twitter for me.

OK... I'm following along on Instagram, and went back to review your blog-posts (very thorough :cool:)
Good luck with everything, and hope you have some fun.

I do want to agree and disagree with the quote on the blog (I can have an opinion, right?)
"I'm doing stuff with a car that wasn't supposed to be doing this stuff "
While I'm 100% in agreement that a GN was not supposed to the track weapon that you have built...
it was intended as the 80s automotive performance equivalent of a "Shock and Awe" campaign.
Great stuff.

"I'm doing stuff with a car that wasn't supposed to be doing this stuff "
While I'm 100% in agreement that a GN was not supposed to the track weapon that you have built...
it was intended as the 80s automotive performance equivalent of a "Shock and Awe" campaign.
[just to clarify...] ^^^ which is EXACTLY what you are doing now :cool::eek:
(sorry, I can't figure out how to edit a post?)
Great stuff.