2016 Challenger Scatpack

strungout6

So, while I was at the local Chrysler dealer picking up a Jeep compass for my better half I stumbled across this Challenger. I have always wanted a 70's Cuda and have thought Dodge did a good job with the new Challenger but not enough to go buy one. Untill this past weekend.
20170131_073410.jpg
20170131_092718.jpg

The previous owner lowered it, did the chin spoiler, blacked out/removed a bunch of emblems, did exhaust and a cold air intake. It had 6k miles on it 2016. Its not Fast by my GN's standards but its a ball to drive. All the features and amenities are awesome. If you ever get a chance to drive one (mines an 8 speed auto) do it.

So you bought it? It looks good. I like the Challenger over the Chebbie or Ferd. I've driven the 5.7 HEMI version pretty cool.

The stance is what hooked me. This damn thing has a launch control, you adjust the rpm from 1000-3500, activate it, hold the brake in drive, floor the gas, it maintains the set rpm and when you release the brake BAM. If the traction control is off its a tire frying good time. With some sticky tires I bet this thing leaves hard for a 4k lb car. Basically a built in two step. Not to mention it has adjustable shift light for all 8 gears. I know MOPAR is a word that is used too often now a days but in this case I think it fits. Dodge isnt F-ing around.

A friend of mine has a SRT 392 bone stock not even a K&N and runs 8.30's in the 1/8 all day. That should be a high 12 in the 1/4. Impressive for car over 4K lbs.

I like it. The Challenger & Mustang are way better looking cars than the Camaro.

Congrats! (y)

My buddy owns an A8 Scatpack and it's a really fun car. Getting to drive in it is one of the things that pushed me toward owning a Dodge. One thing I'd tell you is to be very careful of that chin spoiler. I know the one on my Hellcat is easy to drag coming out of a steep driveway and it's not lowered.

Neal