2015 Grand National & GNX

Yea, and I'm kind of wondering how the do with a little tuning. I will exclusively be driving this car for probably 2 years until I pick up something else and pass this one down.

They respond well to tunes. 13.0's to 12.7's (depending on weather) are not uncommon with an LMS 4+ tune (93 octane). Not too bad for a 4400 lb car.

I'm hoping a twin turbo v6 they use in the LaCrosse.

Another piece has fallen into place in the puzzle. A twin-turbo V6 has been announced as the powerplant for the next CTS:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/18/cadillac-confirms-420-hp-twin-turbo-v6-for-2014-cts-w-videos/

That's a twin-turbo V6 confirmed in a RWD platform. Now we wait for confirmation that the next-gen Regal will share a platform with one of the three RWD platforms: CTS, ATS/Alpha, or the Commodore/Chevy SS.

The stars are aligning.

886705_10200133776679480_864032810_o.jpg

BTW, I might have to ban myself for the picture being too big...

I'm already thinking motor swap... I mean, if it's okay to put an ls in anything why not this motor in an GN?

BTW, I might have to ban myself for the picture being too big...

Nah. Only thing wrong with that picture is the plastic engine cover, and that's out of your control... until you get your actual mitts on a real one.

John Wilde said:
8 speed tranny too?

I hope so. I've driven a 2012 CTS-V with the six speed auto and paddle shifters. It's fantastic. All the fun of a manual without having to mess with a clutch or take your hands off the steering wheel.

It's nice to see that logo on something new. We will see how the rest of the car turns out though. If Buick truly wants to compete with Lexus, then this thing better kill the ISF in comfort, styling, handling, and of course power. I still think they need to spare the terms "Grand National" or "GNX" for a 2 door coupe with retro styling. Just don't bring back the guage cluster lol.

Sweet. Finally another Buick with a twin turbo v6 from the factory!! I'll bet this time the FBI buys a few more than they did before!!!

Nice!!!!! Real nice!!!! And no engine picture can be too large, John....the bigger the better.

Bruce '87 Grand National

It's nice to see that logo on something new. We will see how the rest of the car turns out though. If Buick truly wants to compete with Lexus, then this thing better kill the ISF in comfort, styling, handling, and of course power. I still think they need to spare the terms "Grand National" or "GNX" for a 2 door coupe with retro styling. Just don't bring back the guage cluster lol.

that logo was photoshopped onto that pic.. the actual engine as a Caddy badge glued to the plastic engine cover..

John....the bigger the better.
Bruce '87 Grand National
Is there something you're not telling us Bruce?:eek: Maybe you're walking round in womens underware?:p

And for my deer friend JohndeereGN here's one that's I'm sure he knows well.;)

If they have any brains at all they will do what ford did with mustang and dodge did with challenger.

Redo the original body with modern technology and Buick would have a big hit but that would be too easy.

If they have any brains at all they will do what ford did with mustang and dodge did with challenger.

Redo the original body with modern technology and Buick would have a big hit but that would be too easy.

The Mustang is moving away from that retro styling because younger buyers don't connect with it. I wouldn't expect GM to go very retro on anything new. Hopefully they do a better job than they did on the GTO, but that remains to be seen.

I believe it will be on the same platform as the recently introduced Chevy SS (you know, similar to how the regal and Monte SS shared) and that 4 doors will most likely be on this car. Therefore it will look like this picture. *note, I added an RJC intercooler. ;)

gnconcept.jpg