2012 Midwest Buick Challenge

This year, the Midwest Buick Challenge will the the last weekend of August, Aug. 24-26. We've not spoken to the Drive-Inn yet, but we're hoping to have the get-together cruise-in on Friday night at Simonton Lake Drive-Inn, like usual. Saturday, we have the track to ourselves, and will hold an array of races - THS, BCO, Ladies, maybe a gambler's. I'm hoping to have another pulled-pork supper at the track. Sunday we will have to share the track, and have bracket racing and a Quick 8 race.

The host hotel is the Comfort Suites, 404 North Pointe Blvd, Elkhart, IN. 574-206-1555 and please ask for the Midwest Buick Challenge to get a group rate of $72.24 per night.

We also have rooms 2 doors down at the Candlewood Suites, 300 North Pointe Blvd., Elkhart, IN 574-262-8600. This hotel allows pets on the ground floor. The group name is Midwest Buick and the price is $72.00 per night.

More info will be coming as we go along, so stay tuned!

Updates - we did arrange for the Cruise-In meet and greet at the Simonton Lake Drive-Inn on Friday Night - mmmmmm, root beer floats! I also arranged for the pulled pork supper at the track on Saturday evening, again. This should run $10 per adult, $5 perchild from 6-12. Menu of pulled pork sammies, baked beans, potato salad, fresh fruit salad, cookies, brownies, soda or water. Then back to the hotels to partay!
And a reminder - the hotel rates are good at the Candlewood thru 8/5 and the Comfort Suites thru 8/10. Please don't wait until the last minute - get 'er done!

Just wanted to acknowledge the sponsors that we have on board so far. Gold level are Precision Turbo & Engine, HRpartsNstuff, and Buick Performance Group. Silver level pledges are Caspers Electronics and Finish Line Motorsports. Hopefully more to come....

The gates open at 4:00 pm on Friday, and 8:00 am Saturday and Sunday. Officially, no camping at the track as there are no hook-ups. But there have been a couple that stayed in their trailers overnight, in the past. It can't hurt o try....

A bump for some good people and a fun time!!! I'm not bringing a grill so is the pulled pork still on?

A bump for some good people and a fun time!!! I'm not bringing a grill so is the pulled pork still on?
Oh yes, we have pulled pork, baked beans, awesome tater salad, buns for sandwiches, and brownies and cookies. Also soda and water, so y'all should eat well!
We'll be there 2 weeks from tomorrow; I can't wait!

Just as I thought, bring them and we will make room for them! Do you have any idea as to how many?
Not sure but, Walt Judy will be there. I know of a couple others that were there last year and just want too make sure they have a chance to run.
I know of a few people going for sure so it should be a good turnout. I can't wait, see you there
Thanks
Ronnie