One Of a Kind Lingenfelter '86 Grand National

Wizeguy1320

Hey Guys, New to the forum here. I have been tasked with selling this GN that was built for Royal Purple Oils by Lingenfelter performance. The car is literally one of a kind, flawless inside, outside and underneath. The car was featured at SEMA as well as PowerNation TV along with Lingenfelter and Royal Purples media. The owner paid six figures for it at auction but has decided to sell it at a more reasonable price. Willing to accept offers but would like to get $65k for it.... I will copy and paste all the info I was given but can answer any additional questions.

http://www.powernationtv.com/post/2015-powernation-week-2-86-buick-grand-national
https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0915-227229/1986-buick-grand-national/
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0516-243333/1986-buick-grand-national/

HIGHLIGHTS

• Built by Lingenfelter Performance Engineering for Butch Cox Royal Purple Oil

• WE2 Grand National Build sheet

• Featured on Power Nation

• Selected at SEMA show as a Golden Ticket winner to compete in the Optima street car challenge
• Turbocharged 3.8L engine

• Automatic transmission

• RideTech StrongArms and coilovers

• Baer 4-wheel disc brakes

• Dark purple calipers

• Recaro seats

• Forged Weld Racing wheels

The 1986 Buick Grand National stands as a high-performance icon in an otherwise bleak field of mid-‘80s factory performance. With a single AiResearch turbocharger running 14 pounds per square inch of boost and an air-to-air intercooler, the 3.8L Buick V-6 engine was good for 235 horsepower at 4,400 RPM and 330 lb-ft of torque at just 2,800 RPM. The milestone turbo engine backed by a 200R4 automatic transmission in a 3,520-pound car made for impressive 4.9-second 0-60 mph times and a sub-14-second quarter-miles stock. This was all the more impressive considering a 1986 4-barrel 305 V-8-equipped Camaro was rated for just 165 horsepower. This factory performance not only made the Buick Grand National an instant collectible but also built interest among performance-minded drivers, who were ready and eager to extract more horsepower out of the Buick V-6 and help make the Grand National a superstar. This particular Grand National is rated for well north of 500 horsepower thanks to the collective knowledge of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. The storied house of performance and Bruce Cox of Royal Purple teamed up to build this updated take on the Grand National formula which retains its period perfect ‘80s style. Modern aftermarket performance engineering backs up the increase in power. RideTech suspension components work with Baer brakes, Weld forged racing wheels, and UHP compound tires for road handling to match 500 horsepower. The Grand National comes with the WE-2 build sheet. The package brought the sinister black exterior, Grand National badging, steering wheel horn cap emblem, and full-length console at the center of the ‘80s perfect interior with Recaro bucket seats. The upgraded Buick legend was featured on “PowerNation TV” and selected as a Golden Ticket winner at SEMA for competition in the Optima Street Car Challenge.
Week-2-Blog.jpg

grandnational.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.25.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.25.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.25.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.26.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.26.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.26.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.27.02 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.27.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.27.10 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
Very nice car. I believe that you are being overly optimistic about the price. Maybe send it back to the auction?? Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you seem to be a little out of touch with reality..... you have an 11 second car with a few bolt on's with some upgraded rims like everyone else and a very undesirable paint scheme. ur car is worth $20-22k on its best day. IDN where ur gettn $65k? if the owner paid 100,000.00+ for that then he's a fool!

What's so funny?

I think those spiffy purple calipers are worth at least $25k.

I assume the car is now all black because that's what it was at the auction?
I don't think $35k would be crazy for a car with all the upgrades and the name behind the build.
That said, I don't think the car's ideal market is the Buick community.
I think it's more for a random guy that always wanted a GN and has more money than Buick sense.
Good luck. I hope you get what you are asking. I think that is more likely at an auction than here.

Last edited:
65k I'll get a driver gnx fix it up and keep the value. I never liked the purple stripe but I get it. With this car youre paying for the name and the stripe. Lol glws

Looks much better without the purple madness. Lingenfelter did a good job on brakes and suspension, wheels look great too. Interior is different but clean. Car looks like it's in great shape but there have been some stage 2 cars built by members that are beyond this build at half the price. Like the members said, try at auction. Not going to happen here.

Ahhh take it easy on him fellas.

Like said above. Maybe it sells good at action.

Just not here.

I think he knows that now.

D

Ahhh take it easy on him fellas.

Like said above. Maybe it sells good at action.

Just not here.

I think he knows that now.

D
I agree. It's a bad ass car, just not something a knowledgable member here would be interested in at that price. Looks like a good $30k car max.

Apologies to OP, hope you get every penny of your asking price.

Mike

Last edited:
there is no such thing as a "Lingenfelter Grand National". jus because so dude sent his car to Lingenfelter for some bolt-on's brakes and suspension doesnt qualify it as a Lingenfelter Grand National. that sounds so ridiculous!

my car has been modified by Bison. so I guess I have a "Bison Grand National". well, I can tell you for sure my "Bison Grand National" is a hell of a lot faster and more reliable then his "Lingenfelter Grand National is".....:rolleyes: