2011 Corvette Grand Sport....Magnacharged

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Can't claim this as a honest kill....but I did give the guy something to lose sleep over....:biggrin:

So I was on my way to Papa Lou's after work....he called and asked me to leave my GN with him for a couple days so he can look it over...which is a good thing...cuz he's very generous around Christmas season and it's started earlier this year....can't wait to see what surprises I get...:biggrin:
Papa Lou is the best Santa ever!
Anyway...

As I cruise down Edinger in the oposite direction from where I killed that AMG...I end up cruising past this nice looking blacked out 2011 Grand Sport Vette...but as I get a look across his hood....he's got a magnacharger poking through it...
He looked over at me as I cruised past...we were doing about 60mph and I give him a nod and evil grin....he just stayed expressionless.
Not a good time for a race due to traffic, so I figure I'm outa luck.

Further up as I move into the left turn lanes onto Jamboree and pull up to the line at the red...he comes along side on my left in the inner turn lane....that's when I snapped this pic....
IMG01100-20111027-1703-1.jpg

When the light turned green, we stayed side-by-side through the turn and as we straightened out and he shifted into 2nd...I nailed it...:D ...and he barely tried to stay with me:rolleyes:

One more light up ahead and we are along side each other again.
As he pulls up, his window is down and so is mine:
Me: Man I thought you were gonna run me.
Him: [with a grouchy look] Well you gotta give me a warning.
Me: Going from a roll? I gotta warn you? No way! That's your territory....no warnings required! [laughing]
Him: [no smile...just a hurt look on his face]
Me: So what's this....like a ZR-1?
Him: Makes the same power as a ZR-1...
Me: Ya...I'm probably making about 500 at the crank
Him: [nodding...but still no smile...no comment...clearly this guy is an Vette elitist...]
Him: From a stop I'll just sit and spin...and my tires are bald in the middle...
Me: I'm on street tires and can't hook either....so we're even...
Him: [nodding...but still no smile...no comment...probably wondering to himself why he's making excuses for his pending loss...he could tell I was getting a kick out of it...]

The light is going to turn green any minute so I get ready...I know he's gonna try to show me what's what this time...
This is a good straight run onto the toll road.....probably about an 1/8 mile before it narrows to one lane for the toll road merge...

Then just as we get the green...some dumb broad turns right from the cross street in front of us and goes straight to his lane:mad:

We both accelerate gingerly across the intersection and I keep him on my door so I keep my lane...he slows a little and as he dropped in behind me and as I passed the lady, from about 30mph I nail it and he's all in too...as he passes her he moves back to the left lane...I'm still kicking sideways a little and as I hook I gradually put 2-3 lengths on him....this is going better than I thought...we're running out of 2 lanes...aint no way he'll catch me before the merge so I shut it down as we hit the gradual right bend onto the toll road...

Traffic on the toll road was light....but he'd had enough of the Buick and I'm not one to wag around lanes to lane freeway racing....so we just cruised our seperate ways from that point.

Hoping I see this guy again and can get a clean line-up with him...I'm sure I can take him on the distance of a 1/4 mile, but beyond that....if he's making ZR-1 power....he'll blow past me.

Dude your stories are the best!!! You give the term "Road Kill" a whole new meaning!!

He reminds me of myself 10 years ago, when I used to cruise the streets, with a mid 11 second TR with sticky tires at all times in S. Florida..love the stories. Modern muscle meets the old and proven sludgehammer..

What makes for a really good kill here, is a worthy opponent and a well told story. Some day, I hope you get your rematch. This is the stuff that ledgendary races are made of. Nice job.

Mike B.

Saw him again yesterday AM...but he was about 4-5 cars behind me in traffic with no way to line up with him.

Then saw him again this AM and actually had him right behind me....could've even made a quick lane change for a line up....but it was raining...
So I'm biding my time....bwooohhahahhhhahaaaaaa:cool:

Encouraged to see he at least lets the thing get wet.....I true driver...

Go hunt him down :D i got a run w/ a C6ZO6 and he was actually pretty cool after the beating, he was a bit older and remembered the GN's....then verified I was far from stock :tongue:

I am currently hunting some dude running around my hunting area on the weekends in his GT40....this guy thinks he is da bomb!.....He's going down next :cool:

Go hunt him down :D i got a run w/ a C6ZO6 and he was actually pretty cool after the beating, he was a bit older and remembered the GN's....then verified I was far from stock :tongue:

I am currently hunting some dude running around my hunting area on the weekends in his GT40....this guy thinks he is da bomb!.....He's going down next :cool:

I never find real races, Just kids in ricers or slow stangs. The doctors are in outer space and just drive their cars for status. Followed a Ford GT (yellow/black stripes) and he drove slower than my 85 year old mom, jeez.

Mikey

Its time

Mean Chicken I know our motto is all throttle and no bottle but some juice would really kill those expensive sport cars. Graet kills I enjoy reading them all.:cool:

Mean Chicken I know our motto is all throttle and no bottle but some juice would really kill those expensive sport cars. Graet kills I enjoy reading them all.:cool:

Boost=juice:cool:

Mike B.

lol. nice goin chicken. thats quite impressive! got a good laugh out of that

Yup...hope to find him again when I have my new Stroker motor broken in.....
Lat time he only got embarassed....he needs to be demoralized....:D
you need to bring the GN to Crusin the coast in mississippi (First week of Oct) Good size group of GN's . last year i think there were 5500-6000 registered cars..Mostly classic muscle..Swap meets, car auctions, cruise ins, drag racing, and of course street racing..