2011 Buick Regal

Lets see......4 Door, Sedan, Front wheel drive(?), no 6 cylinder turbo....................Throw it in the dumpster with the rest of the crap :eek:

Name

As long as they don't call it a Grand National, I'm ok with it.

I'd hate to see them ruin the Grand National name like Pontiac did with the GTO.

I'd hate to see them ruin the Grand National name like Pontiac did with the GTO.

They are watching.....and will probably do just that because we don't want it.

I doubt the true GTO guys and gals were "thrilled" with GM bringing it back.

Interesting

My father has a 69 Judge and bought my GN back in the 80's that I later bought, but I always found it interesting when we would go to the GTO Nationals how everyone with an old GTO had a Grand National. The two are linked.

But these days the guys at the GTO meets still have their GN's but don't have a new GTO. Nuff said.

They are debuting the AWD Turbo 6 Model at the Detroit Auto Show.
So reserve judgment until Jan 11.

I think the turbo 4 would make a nice driver.

name

"As for the name, GS isn't official--no one inside Buick is offering a definite nameplate for the high-po model--but it's likely. Brands like GNX, Grand National and GSX have also been tossed around, but the crowd favorite so far looks to be GS."

Thank God. They already trashed the GS name in the early 90's, so no loss there.

I doubt the true GTO guys and gals were "thrilled" with GM bringing it back.

I owned an '04 GTO and loved it but my needs changed, so I traded it. Looking back, I wish I still had it. However, I wish GM had brought the Holden Monaro over with no front bodywork changes and put the Tri-Shield badge onto the Monaro nose. Presto, instant LS1 (or LS2) Regal; I bet the car would have been a hit then. That's the car "before-his-major-FU" Tiger should have been driving in the Buick commerials, not that gay ass Rendezvous.

Give it some time. No one delivers a hot rod version the first year into a redesign. It seems all they have planned is a turbo 4 cylinder for now. The car reminds me a little of the older Audi RS6. A nice twin turbo direct injection AWD 6 cylinder and this car will be a beast..